Part 2/ Charlie.

"The best of us can find happiness in misery" - I don't care,Fall Out Boy.

_________________________

Charlie.

If I just move my head a little,and lean my shoulder forward,I could fall asleep in peace. Just one more hour. Please.
My head shoots up at the sound of sugar containers being slammed against the counter.
"Sorry babe. Joan was staring. Plus,we need to get started."

I narrowed my eyes at my best friend who is wearing the same identical baby blue uniform as me.
We could pass as sisters. A lot of people have told us we look alike.
Our skin tone is almost the same color,both of us being biracial babies and all.
But she's a few inches shorter than me,has beautiful emerald green eyes and brown hair.
Where as I am taller,have the same brown hair and dark brown eyes.

"I hate you." I say groaning as my bones crack as I stretch.
"Please stop that." She says wiping the counter.
I crack all my knuckles one by one as I see her suffer. I smile as I also pick up a rag and start cleaning.

"You're being to hard on your self.Just quit your job at Phoenix and stop being stubborn." She says going behind me and tying my apron.
"I can't. Plus,I'm fine. I just have to tough it out through the weekends."

"How much sleep did you get?" She asks placing her hands on her hips .
"My classes start from eight to two. I start here at two thirty. I left here at seven. Studied until eleven thirty. Started my shift at Phoenix at midnight and came back home around five." I sigh.
"Two hours? You got two hours of sleep?" She asks genuinely concerned.

"It's just on the weekends. Other days I get home at two. And since I don't have classes through the weekend. So I get to sleep in the afternoon. And I have all Thursday off. Don't worry about me babe. " I say kissing her cheek before I grab my notepad and walk to a table.

"Welcome to Joan's.What can I get you?" I putt on a fake smile as I wait for these guys to answer.
"Can we get three pepperoni pizzas?" One says as I raise an eyebrow.
"For breakfast?" I ask as they stare at me.
"Right away. Enjoy." I smile and walk back to the kitchen.

"Three heart attacks with no mushrooms please." I say to Ed,the diner's cook,who smiles as he picks up the small piece if paper.
"Sure Charlie." He says walking back.

"Lilly? Where do you wanna go after our shift?" I ask her as she puts dirty dishes in the sink.
"The coffee place across the museum?" She ask with a small smile.
"We have coffee here ya know. " I say rolling my eyes.

"Please.The car machinists store next to the coffee shop has some cute guys." She says as I smile.
"Fine. You're buying."

***

The coffee place was quiet for a shop near a collage campus on a Saturday afternoon. I guess it makes more sense being busy in the weekdays,since there are hundreds of people who wake up and rush here to get a dose of caffeine.

I frown reading the next few lines i my textbook,but highlight them anyway. The biology professor is a class A asshole. Who's first desire is to fail students who think they don't have to learn a part of the material because they think he won't ask about it.
I learned about that the hard way,my first two years here.

"The barista keeps staring at you." Lilly says not looking up at me.
I turn my head,and yes,he is.
I shrug "Blondes aren't my type."
She rolls her eyes "Who is your type? What happened with Kyle?" She asks as i frown.
"Nothing. We has fine. Cute..."