Part 29/ The holidays.

You would think that after three years of morning classes,a girl would get used to it.
But no,here I am,barely breathing from running to class,and to find out the professor isn't even here.
This is actually my second class,but I was In the bathroom for too long,until I realized that I was way too late.
I try to catch my breath before I take my seat,making Sheila,a sweet girl I met last year,raise an eyebrow at me in amusement.

"Shut up,we're not all professional soccer players like you. The last time I jogged,I was running away from a dog in my neighborhood that didn't like kids." She laughs as I take a seat taking out my stuff.
"How are you?" She asks as we dive into conversation. She asks me about my classes and such,and tells me about a match she Is looking forward to.

"Charlie." I frown when I hear a familiar voice,and turn to find Stefan there,with a paper bag in his hands.
He throws it my way immediately,without giving me a second to think,before I catch it,and look inside.
It contains a sandwich and a granola bar,Sheila laughs when she sees the contents,as I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You didn't eat breakfast. Have fun." He winks before walking out,making me shake my head.
"He is adorable." She smiles as I roll my eyes.
"He's okay."

*
"Charlie,can I ask you something?" Sheila says as we're getting up from our lecture an hour later.
"Sure,walk with me to that bench in the yard." She smiles as we both start walking down the hall,her fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.
"If you're gonna ask me out,just do it. I'll probably say yes. Girls who look like Normani Kordei are definitely my type."

She laughs,letting out a breath of nervousness
"That's so sweet.But no,um," she clears her throat "My roommate just moved out of our apartment,because she dropped out. And I wanted to ask my boyfriend to move in,because he's miserable in his dorm. But I'm scared that it's the wrong move."
"And you're asking me because...?"

"Because you and Stefan seem really happy. So I wanted to ask for your advice."
"Shit,uh." I scratch my head "I don't know Sheila. It mostly depends on the both of you and If you think you would get along. Because dating is one thing,but being together all the time is another."
"What's your experience been like?"

I smile "It's great. He's sweet,we share the same amount of responsibility,which is something really important and you both should address that from the beginning. And It's great having them around anytime you need a good...massage." I finish the sentence when two professors walk by,giving me a glance,as Sheila laughs.

"I feel like there is a 'but' coming." She sighs as I nod.
"But,sometimes you need your personal space,and when they're there,invading it,you get the urge to stab them."
"Right." She blows out a breath "That is actually some great info. Thank you Charlie."

"No big deal. I just hope you decide what makes you happy."
"Thanks." She gives me a hug "And keep having fun getting those...massages." She winks before walking away.

***

"...I don't think she is." I laugh,holding the phone between my ear and shoulder as I check on the chicken.
"Have you talked to Ken,recently?" He asks.
"No,actually. Thank you for reminding me though. I spoke to Justin on Sunday."
"I'm sure he forgot because they're moving into their new house,but Melissa is pregnant."
"O my God. No way. That soon?"

"Sweetheart,they have been married for almost a year now."
"Yeah,but still..." I turn when I hear the keys clink in the bowl by the door,and see Stefan walking in. He smiles,walking towards me and frowns when he sees the phone,but nonetheless starts kissing my neck immediately,as his arms wrap around my body.

I bite my lip,but come to my senses and smack his shoulder,but that doesn't stop him,that just causes him to go on more.
"Yes dad. He actually just came back from work." He pulls away immediately,making a disgusted face as he walks to the fridge grabbing a bottle of water.
"So have you decided If you're coming home?" He asks as I sigh.