Casey: Stupid Rule Book

I was in my room back in my old house. The only difference was that it was completely different.

     Instead of my small comfy bed near the window, now a huge glass cupboard filled with books, medals and some ancient looking daggers, occupied its position, beside which, a huge bed untidyly made, stood grinning at me.
     The walls were covered with posters of various rockstars and stuff, something which I'd never put. (Sorry, but I like neat and tidy walls). I looked around frantically once more, blinked several times and pinched myself hard. Nope! None of my belongings visible till now.

I slumped down slowly on the wooden floor and took a deep breath. For how long had I been at the Dead society? As far as I could remember, it had not been for more than fifteen minutes, at the most, twenty. But then...

I hugged my knees tight and sighed as a possible explanation began dawning in.

     I stifled a sob. It was bad. Really bad. I wanted to cry but no tears came out. Another 'perk' of being a ghost, I guess. You can ache all day with sorrow, but can't shed tears to lighten yourself up. Yay!

"Nooo..." I groaned.

     All of a sudden, something heavy landed in the fore pocket of my jeans. I quickly tugged at it and a small notebook fell out. It had a plain brown leather cover with a binding strap, and, at the center, carved in golden, were the words,"THE GHOST'S RULE BOOK". I smirked.

A rule book for ghosts? Wow! It couldn't get better.

     I pulled the strap open and slowly flipped through the pages. The first few contained a note from Mr. Infinite, praises for the ghost
book (drum roll please!), acknowledgements and stuff. I flipped on lazily , mostly skipping and ignoring the writings till I came to the 'ultimate rules for ghosts' page. It had ten rules written for poor us with symbols, spells and designs marked all over the blank spaces, as if the page was cursed. I shifted uncomfortably and began reading it.

RULES THAT EVERY GHOST MUST FOLLOW IF YOU WANT TO ESCAPE DOOM!

1. DON'T TRY TO CRY. Duh! I knew it!
Crying weakens you and your energy, depleting you and making you vulnerable. Shedding tears also enhances pain and negativity.

2. DON'T LEAVE YOUR BIRTHPLACE. Great! Just what I needed.
The place where you were born inherits part of your energy. After all, it's all just a game of energies, isn't it? Therefore, make sure you don't go and start living anywhere you want to. It has to be your actual home.

3. EVEN IF YOU LEAVE YOUR HOME FOR SOME REASON, MAKE SURE YOU RETURN THERE BY THE SEVENTH SUNRISE OR ELSE, YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO THE HALL OF DOOM FOR VIOLATION OF THE SAFETY RULES.

4. BEHAVE LIKE A HUMAN. Uhhh sorry, but WHAT??!!
Although you are a ghost, walk, talk, eat, bathe, play like a human. It hides the smell of your aura from hunters, makes you difficult to recognize and strengthens your energy.

5. MATERIALISE AT YOUR OWN COST. I have no words.
If you are above 800 in your waiting list, you may materialise for now, but it will cost you a lot of energy.

6. DONT TRY TO POSSESS PEOPLE. Oh no! I was really clutching onto that as my last resort!
Possessing people can disrupt your energy, causing pain to the level of madness, as it requires a lot of power and energy to settle into someone else's aura.

7.BEWARE OF GHOST HUNTERS. Oooh! Are they hot?
They can see, sense, touch, feel and hear you and they mean to kill you. Hello! I'm already dead, remember?

8. BEWARE OF DOGS, CATS, FOXES, HOUNDS AND WOLVES. But I love animals!!!!
They can see and sense ghosts, thus proving to be useful helpers of ghost hunters and as a result, your arch enemies.

9. BEWARE OF KILL SHADOWS. Now what's that?
If you see anyone carrying a black dagger embossed with a skull having ruby eyes, run! Run as fast as you can because it is a ghost hunter with a kill shadow. Kill shadows are daggers which has can kill a ghost forever, causing great pain.(for more info, check page 15)
It is no happy death.

10. MOST IMPORTANT!
DON'T FALL IN LOVE. TRUST ME, I WON'T.
It hurts. TERRIBLY. For once, I agree with you.

     I slammed the book shut. What a lovely rule book it was indeed!
Okay. I had to analyse everything tactically and practically. Let's see...

     I was stranded in my home without my parents and, apparently, a new family. According to the stupid rule book, I couldn't leave the house and even if I did, I had to return back. I had to bathe, change and eat like everyone else and whatever I ever had, my clothes, money--everything-- well, they were most probably busy enjoying their trip to Australia with my parents. God! Why did they even decide to shift?

     Besides, I had to watch out for these stupid ghost hunters who seemed too stupid to even be true, having daggers and cutesy pets. In a nutshell, I could never ever lead a normal,happy life again. Just because I was freaking dead.

     The situation was wonderful.

    I was venting out my anger and sorrow when the door to my room jerked open. A cute young girl with hazel eyes and blonde locks, around six years old, came running in, followed by the most gorgeous boy that I'd ever seen.

    Probably seventeen, he was tall with warm hazel eyes and windswept chocolate hair. He laughed as the girl, most probably, his sister, punched his arm. I watched with awe as his perfect face with high cut cheekbones and a sculpted jawline broke into a dimpled grin. Then, he pulled her and began tickling her. Seeing them laugh and play like that made me want to join them as well.
He was hot.
  Handsome.

He made Chris seem like an ugly dwarf in comparison. That, somehow, made me feel better.

    I could already imagine all the girls of my school swooning over him and going through flirty pick-up lines just to talk to him or get his number.

    I rolled my eyes and perched myself on the window sill as I watched them talk and laugh. It reminded me of my cherishable moments with my cousin, Brandon.

     Wait! Why couldn't I hear them talking? Surely, they were talking and laughing loud enough for me to hear. I tapped my ears and concentrated on hearing them. No luck. I looked at the demigod in front of me and frowned. He threw back his head, laughing.

Now, that was definitely audible enough. Then, why couldn't I hear him?

I strained my ears, looking at him, when his eyes met mine. I froze as something jolted inside me. It was painful, yet comforting. His hands stopped in mid-air and whatever he was going to say remained glued to his throat. After staring at each other for what seemed like ages, (honestly, I had no clue of anything called 'time'anymore.) He muttered something which sent me reeling back with shock.

Though I couldn't hear him, I could figure out by the perfect synchronicity and movement of his heavenly lips- I'm sorry I said that. FORGET IT!

He had said, "Who are you?"
He had asked me who I was...which meant that--
HE COULD SEE ME.
HE WAS A HUNTER.
I WAS STUCK HERE WITH HIM.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

P. S.: Pls don't be a silent reader 🤐🔇...and vote and comment if you like this part.

Random question of the day:
What do you think about Casey's 'perfect' situation?