2

Alex

Right from my childhood,  I had been taught that I was different.

      There was a reason for my great skills in games, fighting,  analysing power and stuff. Hey! I'm not bragging.

      I was something called a ghost hunter.

Initially, it was great fun to be called that as it took me straight into the horror movies which I simply loved and made me look like some kind of a hero, but, the clock refused to stay still and ticked by, and very soon,  these stupid things began getting on my nerves.

   My sweet work? Find ghosts in this world and eradicate them in such a way, that, their stuck up energy in this world is completely transferred to....somewhere else. 
     Honestly, even in my twelve years of learning, right from when I was five, I really don't know what the use of being a ghost hunter is, or, where do the ghosts go after we  remove them from Earth. I mean, they have to land up somewhere or the other, don't they? After all, it's all just a game of energies...and energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Unless...our kill shadows and incantations defy the laws of physics, somehow, that is!

     Anyway, I hadn't yet received  my kill shadow, which was a deadly weapon to be used on ghosts (we receive it when eighteen, so...one more year to go.) but I did have my HURT LASERS, which were puny knives used to weaken a ghost. The basic system was:
       Find a ghost =》talk to it =》hear it cackle with an evil, sonorous voice Okay! Not all ghosts cackle, sorry if I hurt your feelings there *wink* =》if it revolts, attack and fight =》use hurt lasers =》weaken it =》chant an incantation =》remove it from the world.

VOILA! TA DA LING-A LING! MY AMAZING WORK'S DONE. THE GHOST'S GONE FOR GOOD.

   When I was five, I had been taken to the 'Secret Academy for Ghost Hunters' and given all the training that was ever required to be the perfect hunter. I really appreciate your love and high hopes, mom, but this was absolutely stupendously horrible.

      We were taught about the Dead society, which was a ghost society that cleared spaces on Earth to accommodate their ghosts there to give them a new life. They gave the alibi that it was for the greater good and such, but they actually hid the ghosts from merciless us. Besides, even if they did it for the right, hunters and ghosts had a long lasting enmity, all because of the enmity between the once bosom friends-- Mr. Smith a.k.a Mr. Infinite (head of the Dead society) and Mr. Edgans a.k.a Mr. Summoner (head of the Hunters' academy). Seriously, even I don't know what's with these stupid pen names.

       This enmity has continued for eras and I don't think it's ever gonna stop. The only thing left now is a war. Sometimes, I really wish they would buy each other some chocolate truffles and just get over it!

   Sometimes, it felt wrong. Killing innocent ghosts just like that. But I had to do my duty. Mainly for two reasons.

      ONE: I was the son of the head of the warfare tactics department of the hunters, my mom- Mrs. Emma Fielding. So... it's basically my reputation. You don't know how bad it is.

      TWO: IF I didn't do my duty,a major  part of my own energy bound to my duty right from my birth would grow weak, ultimately leading to my untimely death. So...it's basically my life. Not something I'm keen on playing with.

      So here I was, killing ghosts while others around me were busy leading a normal, happy life.

     Just a few days ago, my mom had got a new notification that this small town 'Mesverville' in Canada was slowly getting plagued by ghosts... who were unfortunately causing havoc in the town. There were only a few hunters and helpers who weren't being able to cope up with all the evil ghosts and thus, needed our  help.

     Well... so here we were in Canada with this new task.

     We bought this beautiful house from a family who were shifting to Australia for some transfer in their job or something like that.

     Sorry, I didn't pay attention cause I was too busy exploring the house with my cute little non-hunter sister- Charlotte.
      In our family, the only non hunters were my sister,  my grandma and my dad. To tell the truth, occasionally, I did envy them. I mean, they seemed so happy leading their perfectly normal life...

   Anyway, It was a three-storeyed house, with a huge well maintained garden, numerous rooms, (My room was on the first floor, just beside my sister's, overlooking the garden and the Cheshire lane stacked with tiny colourful shops of all kinds) lovely verandas and a breathtaking view of the town at night from the rooftop.

     It took us a few days to set everything up, explore my neighbourhood, go to my new school and make new friends (that is never a problem...infact mom tells me to try and be an introvert as it is not too safe for hunters to go around making tons of friends. As if everybody in this world's just waiting to kidnap good ol' Alex.)
     Two weeks over, nothing special happened and I was beginning to miss my adventurous  life. 

Whoa Whoa Whoa!  Slow down Alex.
     I guess I said it too fast...
    'Cause something biggie biggie  was just about to happen for good ol' me. 

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

  P. S.: Pls don't be a silent reader 🤐🔇...and vote and comment if you like this part. Keep enjoying and unravelling the mysteries as you wade through the story.☺ Pls ignore the grammatical or spell check errors that may have occurred due to typing mistakes. ;)

                                               ^
  Check out hot Alex above | 

Random question of the day: What's ur favourite song? Need some for my playlist...😉