Meeting

Alexei Nikoleavna Romanov scanned his family's ballroom, seeing the hundreds of people here for his 18th birthday. He sipped his glass of wine, feeling the liquid run down his throat. It seemed he was the only one sitting down, besides his dear mother, who hadn't gotten up all evening. He father stepped towards him, putting his arm around his shoulders. "Son, why aren't you up? All these people are here for you."

Alexei shrugged. "I'm just not into it right now. Nothing to really do." Nicholas pointed to a group of young woman, obviously preppy. "Why not dance with a few women? There's plenty!"

Alexei wrinkled his nose, and rolled his eyes. "They want me for my throne and riches. I have no need for those women." Nicholas scanned the room again, and then pointed at another young girl, tall, slender, and quite beautiful. "What about her? She seems lonely too."

Alexei squinted at the girl. She had red hair, and a flat sort of nose. However, she was very pretty, and was sitting alone. " Alright, she seems.... Proper... I guess."

Alexei got up and walked over to the young woman, who turned at him, then turned away, probably figuring he wasn't walking towards her. He tapped on her shoulder, and she turned, smiling nicely.

He held out his hand. "May I have this dance?" She nodded. "Why of course your Highness." They went to the floor and he put one arm on her waist, the other in her hand while she put her arm on his shoulder. While he led, she looked over his shoulder, or at his medals on his suit, anywhere besides his face.

He spun her and then cleared his throat. "You dance very well." She smiled tightly. "I guess it's because I was taught to." He laughed and she chuckled a bit. 

"Are you a noble?" He asked, and she nodded. "Not as extravagant as your title is it?" We asked and he rolled his eyes. " My title may sound extravagant, but it's tiring."  The girl nodded and smiled, as she probably thought she must around the Tsarevich.

"What's your name?" He asked and she smiled. "Olive Abroholos Elaphanta, your Highness." He smiled. "What a beautiful name." She blushed a crimson red. "Are you nice to all the girls you dance with, or am I just lucky?"

He smiled. "Well, not all the ladies I dance with are as charming as you." Olive blushed harder. He laughed at her blush. "Are you feeling well?" She rolled her eyes. "I'm fine your majesty. " He smiled at her, rolling his eyes. "It's Alexei, at least to you it is."

Her blush made him blush too. Did he really just tell this girl he barely knew to call him by his first name?  The song ended and he stepped away from her bowing. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "A wonderfully done dance, Olive. " She smiled and - as unladylike as it was- kissed him on his cheek. "You're not telling me anything." and then ran away.

He walked back up to his place he was sitting at, where all his family was waiting. His father smiled smugly at him, while his sisters giggled. Alexei looked at them confused. "What is it?" He asked, taking his seat. His father laughed then pointed to his cheek. "Your lady left a you a reminder." Alexei froze just as Anastasia and Maria howled with laughter while Tatiana, Olga, and his mother hid their giggles.

Her bright red lipstick had stained his cheek. He didn't dare try to wipe it off, for it would smudge. "Oh. How embarrassing." He said, while trying to hide his blush. Anastasia pointed at him while laughing. "Hooray for Alexei! He's found his Tsarina!" Alexei rolled his eyes. "I just met her!"

His family, didn't let it  go for the rest of the night.