The Truth

Olive rode with Enoch in their small carriage,  their destination the Imperial Palace. Olive was so scared to tell Alexei, and she felt as if she was going to be sick. She knew he would be hurt, and he was probably going to leave her for good, but she deserved whatever was coming to her. She had let it get too far, she should have stopped it when she had the chance, but she somehow regretted nothing that had happened between her and Alexei. She needed him to know she wasn't who he thought she was, she was less than that. She had never felt like a peculiar freak more.

She put her head in her hands, taking deep breaths to keep from crying. Enoch put his hand on her back, trying to comfort her. Olive was very glad Enoch was being supportive during this, she knew she had caused him pain too. "Its alright, Oli. " he said, using her childhood nickname. "If he really loves you,.he may be able to see past this." Enoch said, and Olive was grateful for his sincerity. She knew however, that Alexei probably wouldn't be able to see past it. "He won't Enoch.  I've betrayed him so much. Thank you though."

Enoch moved away from her, sighing.  "I hope you're happy with him. I really do." He said. Olive sensed the pain in his voice, and she felt a hundred times more despicable. She wanted to be with Alexei, she really did, but that was now just a child's fantasy. She was doing everything in her power to not cry, and it was taking a lot of her strength. "Enoch, I want to be with him. And now..." she trailed,  knowing she wouldn't be able to finish without breaking down. Enoch held her, resting his head on hers. "I know. Just don't worry. " He said, and Olive tried her best to believe him.

**************

When they arrived, Alexei stood at the gates, smiling. Olive had told him to meet her there, she also told him she was bringing a special person alongside her, which happened to be Enoch. When Alexei saw Enoch,  she watched him stiffen, but he kept a smile on his face. Olive walked up and greeted him, giving her best fake smile. "Hello Alexei, I'm so glad to see you again." She said, wrapping her arms around him, squeezing just a bit too tight,  and holding him for a bit too long. "I'm glad to see you too. Its been three days but it might as well had been three months." He said, and chuckled.

Olive almost forgot what was about to happen, but it was constantly nagging at her, so it was impossible to forget completely. She stood back and gestured to Enoch. "This is my special friend, I thought I'd bring him along today." She said sadly, swallowing down her guilt.  Enoch stepped forward, shaking Alexei's hand. "Pleasure to meet you your highness, I've heard a lot about you." Alexei smiled,  nodding.  "I'm sorry to say I've never heard about you." Alexei turned to Olive, squinting but still smiling. "Why haven't you mentioned any of your friends from home?" He asked,  making Olive almost cringe.

"I... I'll explain. Is there somewhere private we can all go?" Olive asked, looking at Alexei with small, pleading eyes. He looked concerned and suspicious.  "Why yes, follow me." He said, ignoring the place rules. He led them into the palace, and onto the balcony. This was where Olive and Alexei had first kissed, sitting on the ledge of the balcony.  It made Olive feel more scared. Alexei sat down not he ledge, and Olive sat on one of the lawn chairs. Enoch stood,  his arms crossed. "We- I mean I, need to tell you something. "  Olive started, and Alexei looked very uncomfortable. She knew in a few moments,  he would just be angry. "Okay... I'm listening. "

Olive took a deep breath, putting her head in her hands. "Where do I start?" She said, and Enoch sighed. "Just start from where it began." He said, and Alexei frowned. She knew he was anxious to know what was happening.  "Well... First, I'm not who you think I am." Olive said, Making Alexei squinted and cross his arms.  "What do you mean?"  Olive looked up, just enough to see the brass buttons on his short. "I'm not really a Noble. I've been faking it. I've been Faking Everything. "

Alexei blinked, his face shocked. Olive felt horrible, she wanted nothing more than to disappear.  She hadn't even told him the news that was going to break his heart yet. Alexei put a hand to his forehead, shaking his head. "I.. don't. .. why?" He asked, looking at Olive.  Olive shook her head, swallowing.  "I... can't tell you why. I just need to be honest with you. I'm so sorry. " she said, she wanted to run to him, but she knew he needed space.  Alexei shook his head, looking at the ground. "This is just... a lot to take in."

Olive bit her lip,  fighting the tears. She tried her best to keep her voice from cracking with emotion. "There's more. " she said, looking at Enoch. He nodded to her, willing her to go on. She wasn't sure if she could, that's why she had brought Enoch along, though she wasn't sure if it was the best idea. "I was in a relationship with Enoch. " Alexei didn't look shocked anymore, he just looked up, his face deadpan. Olive was scared by that look, she had no clue what was going on in his head. "The whole time? You have been with him?" Alexei asked, looking from her to Enoch.

Olive nodded slowly, unsure what else to say. She could give a weak apology but she'd doubt he would listen. Alexei gave a cruel chuckle.  "God, I'm an idiot aren't I?" He said, pointing at Olive, giving a cruel smile. Olive felt sick, she wanted to throw up. She knew he wouldn't forgive her, and it hurt so bad. It was like a burning ache in her chest, like the fire on the night they kissed, but this time the fire was scorching her alive. "Wow, you two got me good Olive- if that's even your real name." He said, and Olive felt the tears rolling down her cheeks.

  "Alexei please!  We aren't together anymore! I left him to be with you!" She said, and Alexei rolled his eyes. "Well I'm glad to know I was the winner in a competition I didn't know I was in. " he said, turning to Enoch. "Hey, how does it feel to be second runner up? Because it sure hurts like he'll to be first." Enoch just stayed quiet, Olive trying to control her sobs now.  Alexei stood up, walking to the doors. Olive stood up, but didn't follow him. "Alexei! Wait!" She called, but Alexei just kept walking.  Olive wasn't going to give up, she took a few steps forward.  "Alexei! Please!"

Alexei still didn't even turn around and look at him. Olive was sobbing uncontrollably now, grabbing her arms. "Alexei!"  She shouted, willing Alexei to look at her. She needed to see him clearly one last time before he walked out on her life forever. Alexei finally stopped hesitantly,  turning so slightly she could only see one side of his face. Olive swallowed, trying to keep some of her sobs in. "I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I hope with all my being we still have a chance." She said. Alexei sneered, and disappeared though the doors.

Olive broke down on the ground, Enoch coming to help her up. She had never experienced a pain like this, it wasn't physically possible to heal it. Is this what Alexei was feeling?  Is this what Enoch had felt? "Enoch,.. I want to go home.  I can't be here any longer." Olive said, trying not to think about Alexei just inside the Palace walls. Enoch nodded, guiding her to the doors.  "Alright, calm down. It will be okay, I promise you." Olive nodded.

She knew that never in her life, would she forget Alexei Romanov. He was burned into her mind like the fire inside her body.

Hey guys! Sorry for the horrible chapter! Could you guys maybe tell me in the comments what you think will happen next? I'm just curious to see what you think will happen with this story. There will be a sequel, but dint worry, this isn't the end if the book. Once again, thank you. ltyytl for supporting this story so much! I wuvs you for it! And thanks to anyone else reading or supporting this story!! I love you all!!