What it means

"How was your Russian lessons?" Alexei asked Olive the next day. They were both in his hospital room, making up for time they had missed out on yesterday. Olive hasn't been able to visit him because he had several nurses and doctors checking on his leg, and nobody except real family had been allowed into the room, even with the Tsar's orders. "Oh they were, otlincho." She said, smiling. After dinner, they had taught her a few more words, none really interesting. Alexei smiled, rolling his eyes.  "Ah, so you know a few Russian words?" He teased, and Olive nodded.

"Why yes, I do actually. Thanks to your lovely sisters." She said, giving a teasing smile. Alexei crossed his arms, giving a sigh of mock annoyance. "What? Are you sad because I didn't teach you any Russian? " he said and Olive giggled. "No, it's not that." She said, shaking her head. Alexei nodded, laying back on the bed. "Ah, that's good." He said, and Olive felt a ping in her chest when she saw him wince slightly in pain. His leg was almost healed, and he would be coming home in about a week, but he would probably just have to lay in bed all day, or be put in crutches.

Olive sighed, grabbing Alexei's hand. "Get better won't you? It pains me to see you like this." She said, frowning down at their hands. She heard Alexei shift a little, then sigh. "I know this is hard. But don't worry, I'll be out soon. I'm almost healed up."  Olive swallowed heavily, not answering. She knew she was being a bit unfair, there was no reason for her to be miserable. She should just let Alexei heal on his own, instead of rushing it just so she could see him again. She didn't meet Alexei's eyes, she just stared down at their hands.

"Olive, Love... Look at me.." Alexei said slowly, and Olive opened. her eyes, slowly lifting her head. Alexei put his hand softly on her cheek, and Olive felt her stomach flutter. "I'm going to be fine, don't worry. We are going to be fine." He said, his sky blue eyes showing her reassurance. She swallowed and Alexei smiled, shaking his head the slightest bit. "Olive, won't you smile for me love?" He asked, and Olive shook her head, but gave him a small smile. Alexei smiled brighter. "There she is. Krasota moyey zhzini." Alexei said, and Olive shook her head. "I may have learned some Russian, but I didn't catch that. What did you say?"

Alexei winked. "That's a secret. You'll have to learn more to find out." He teased and Olive gasped. "Oh! I just remembered! Maria said something in Russian earlier and I wasn't sure what it was, she said it was the most powerful phrase in the world." Olive said, putting a hand to her forehead. She was glad she had remembered, she was getting eaten alive with curiosity it seemed. Alexei looked confused, tilting his head to the side. "What did she say?" He asked, and his expression reminded Olive of Joy, and she held in a small laugh. "I think it was.. Ya lyublu.. " she said, she couldn't remember the words.

Alexei's face dawned with something, though olive couldn't tell what. "Ya lyublyu tebya?" He asked slowly and Olive nodded. "Yes.. What does it mean? Why it the most powerful phrase?" She asked and Alexei shook his head. "It means I love you. " he said, and Olive and Alexei blushed at the exact same moment. Olive hadn't actually told her he loved her,but it felt so strange hearing him say it. She realized she had never heard him tell any of his sisters he loved her, or Nicholas and Alexandra, though Olive was sure he had before. "Oh... I see.." Olive said, trying to act discreet.

Alexei coughed, and Olive felt them go into an uncomfortable silence. "Well... Its very sunny out.." Said Alexei and Olive tried not to laugh at his feeble attempt to converse. "Yes, I noticed that." She said, and she shook her head. "Alexei, how do you say I'll miss you when you're gone in Russian?" Alexei smiled, and rolled his eyes. "Ya budu skachat' po tebe, kogda ty udesh." He said in perfect Russian, making Olive want to smack him for showing off, even though he wasn't.