Chp 16

Zay

I was serious when I made that promise to Leila. My ass was gon get the fuck out of the game and back on the court. I is very rare that NBA holds open auditions, but I was just that good. I mean during highschool me and Siah were some athletics beast. He was past fooley on the feild. And on the court, I was designated as the shit.

I had a meeting today with my old manager. I wore my white dress shirt, with a baby blue open cardigan, and my khaki slacks. I walked into H&R management expecting to walk out with a deal, but instead I was hit with reality.

"The fuck you mean I gotta be on in the D-League!" I was byond pissed.

My manager Ronnie was trying to compromise with me, while still feeding me my reality. "You dropped when you could have gotten drafted right out of high school. So now you have to go back to sqaure one, and let them know that you are serious this time around."

I shook my head. "Listen tryouts are in three weeks. Go home. Discuss the situation with your girlfriend and let me know."

I stood and walked out of the building. The whole drive home my mind was contiuously racing. I gave up my basketball career for Tyler dumbass! And after everything the bitch betrayed me. She is dead and I'm trying to put my life back together."

I walked in the house and went straight into my bedroom. Leila was in the bathroom giving the boys a bath. I leaned on the door frame and smiled at the sight. I knew whether I was in the game or on the court Leila was going to be by my side no matter what.

I took off my shirt and kneeled down next to her on the side of the tub.

"Shit Xavier you scared me!" She jumped as she rinsed the soap out of Case's curly hair.

This family was everything to me. We picked the boys up and dressed them. I laughed as the boys started to doze off. It never failed. Leila would bathe them in some soft smelling soap and it would knock they asses out.

Leila carried them into their room and laed them down. I changed into my basketball shorts and layed on the bed flipping through the channels. The bed dipped next to me, "So you wanna talk about it."

I looked at her out of the corner of my eye, "Who said something was wrong."

"I know you nikkah now go ahead and lay it on me." She mushed the side of my head.

"Why haven't you ever asked about my mom or dad or anything."

She started tracing the tattoos on my chest, "Well I figured when you were ready for me to know you would tell me."

"My mom lives in Louisianna where we are originally from. My mom and Aunt Karen are sisters. My mom is really uptight tho. She wanted me to be a lawyer or something, but I wanted to play basketball. She put me in the shadows of her life when I turned 10. We were never close after that. My auntie supported my dreams so I moved with her and Messiah. I went to college in Virginia that's how I got there." It felt so relieving actually being able to let that off my chest.

She continued tracing, "And your dad."

"He moved back to the dominican republic a year after I was born. He got my mother used to dating rich. After he left she just continued on her little rise to riches."

She stood from the bed and walked over to the closet and started packing a bag. I know her ass was not going to leave me! After I just sat here and poured my heart out to her. "So you gon leave Leila."

"No. Me and You are going on a trip to Louisianna. You have some unresolved issues and we gon solve them this weekend!"

I wrapped my arms around her waist, "No Leila just leave it alone. I'm good baby." I kissed the side of her neck.