Vacation •Part Three•

Marinette tossed and turned in her hotel bed. The sheets seemed to stick to her body with the heat. With a quiet groan, she sat up, looking around the dark room.

Her eyes roamed over to Alya who was sleeping peacefully. Marinette swung her legs over and stood up, making her way over to where she had Tikki a makeshift bed. She was also fast asleep.

Marinette was wearing her favourite pyjamas. This consisted of a pink crop top and pink shorts that both had white spots on them. She slipped on her black cat slippers and opened the door to the small balcony they shared with the room next door.

She only opened it a little so the ocean air wouldn't sweep in and wake Alya. Marinette seeped through the door and closed it behind her, before turning and coming face to face with a pair of green eyes.

Marinette squeaked and jumped back hitting the glass door with a thud.

"Shhhh." Adrien pulled the teen away from the door. He held her close for a second, waiting to see if there was any movement from inside. Once he was sure no one had woken up, he let go of her. "Can't sleep either?"

"How'd you know?" Marinette went over to the edge of the balcony and leaned against it.

Adrien only shrugged as he came up next to her. "Lucky guess."

"Black cats aren't lucky." Marinette glanced sideways at him with a smile, glad she wasn't the only one who was restless.

Adrien chuckled quietly. "That doesn't explain why you would want to wear black cat slippers." He pointed down to her feet.

"I have a perfect reason for that." She pouted her bottom lip.

"Because of me?"

"Because they are warm." She giggled, looking over at the beach in the distance.

Adrien put an arm around Marinette's waist and held her as they looked out at the view. "Yeah, right.." He whispered.

"Hey, come with me." He moved his arm from around her waist and took her hand instead as he climbed over the railing.

Marinette followed obediently but stopped at the railing. "Where are we going?"

"You trust me, right?" He turned back.

Marinette breathed out. "Of course I do."

"Then let me show you."

With a nod, Adrien helped Marinette over the railing and they went through a back alley. The buildings towered high either side of them and Marinette wondered what it would be like being Ladybug here.

Adrien leads her to the beach which looked entirely different at night up close. The moon was reflecting off the slow moving waves as they crashed against the damp sand.

"It's a bit cliché, don't you think?" Marinette smiled though despite this. It was beautiful.

Adrien chuckled, that low laugh that Marinette could listen to all day. "Only for you, My Lady."

They walked down to the water hand in hand. Unlike in the daytime, the water was freezing cold. Marinette dipped her toe in and jumped back. Instead of going in, they just watched the moon on the water in front of them.

"Let me bury you."

"Huh?" Marinette looked up at him.

"Please," Adrien looked down at her with puppy eyes.

Marinette considered it for a minute. "Fine."

They walked a bit away from the water edge and Marinette lead back on the sand.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" Adrien asked softly as he started to pile damp sand on her legs.

Marinette sighed quietly, watching him. "I don't know, I guess the fact that I already slept on the plane." She shrugged. "What about you?"

"Don't move!" Adrien held the sand up around her arms. "I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about you." He sat on her sand covered belly, his legs either side of her as he covered her chest in sand.

"Oh, haha." She giggled. "Now, tell me the real reason."

"Okay, I will." Adrien put his hands either side of her head as she leaned down. "I-" his attention got snapped away from her as he looked to the side.

"What is it?" Marinette started to panic a little at his scared face.

"Don't move now.." He whispered but jumped up. "Never mind, move, it's coming!" He shouted and ran from her.

"What?!" Marinette screamed and tried to get up but the sand kept her in place. "ADRIEN!" She screamed.

Adrien suddenly stopped and fell over, laughing. "What?" Marinette asked.

Adrien crawled back over to her and lay on top of her horizontally, trying to calm down. "I can't believe you fell for it!" He burst out laughing.

"I hate you," Marinette mumbled.

Adrien calmed his laughter and leaned close to her face again. "Really? Or do you love me?" He nuzzled her nose with his own.