Behind The Scenes

"Pound it!" They both called at the same time, signalling the end of their fight. Everything had gone fine, or so they thought.

"Cut!!" An angry looking man behind a camera called out, shaking his head.

Adrien groaned next to the spotted 'hero', though quiet enough to keep it hidden. "Come on, this is our thirteenth take! What's wrong this time?"

"Tikki flew in front of the camera. AGAIN."

The small Kwami gave an innocent shrug and a small apology, looking down.

"Why don't we all take a break? We have been filming all day non-stop." The director nodded at this idea, waving them all offset.

The blond next to her took his mask off, yawning softly as Plagg flew up next to him. "Good idea M'lady, I think you just set us back another few hours."

"Adrien, stop calling me that, the camera is off." Marinette scowled, walking off set as she also peeled her own mask off.

The blond male's smile also dropped as he frowned, getting called over by the producer.

"Amazing job, Adrien! Though I do have one request to make it look more real.."

"Please don't say it-" he got cut off, so instead grabbed a glass of water so he could focus on something other than what he knew was coming.

"Perhaps the rivalry between you and Marinette needs to get to bed? Or, you know, you could even try and take her to bed."

Adrien spat out his water in shock, and the producer clapped. "I see you have been working on the reveal scene, that will do perfectly." The producer hummed as he walked away, calling back. "Try, at least!"

The blond muttered a small sorry to the cleaner and turned his head, catching a glimpse of Marinette being hurried into the makeup room.

It would take a lot of alcohol for him to admit out loud, but she was beautiful. Stunning even. But she was always trying to steal his light, she was always the star.

They never had been friends.

"Let me guess, Thomas has been going on about you two being friends?" Alya asked as she stood next to her best friend.

Adrien merely shook his head. "How'd you guess?" He teased, then sighed. "Nope, he wants more than that."

Alya, being the supportive friend, nudged the blond towards the makeup room. "Go at least try and talk to her. And hurry before Chloe gets to her first!"

Adrien gave up and let himself be pushed, coming face to face with a wooden door. It had a golden star in the middle with her name in cursive writing. He didn't bother knocking, and turned the handle, walking inside.

He was met by two pairs of blue eyes staring at him in disbelief.

"Ugh, What is he doing here Marinette?" The blond said loud enough for him to hear, wrinkling her nose.

"He was just leaving, Chloe," Marinette answered her best friend.

Adrien crosses his arms over his chest and huffed childishly. "Actually, I was hoping to have a word with Marinette."

Chloe looked to Marinette as she felt her hand on her arm. Though Chloe knew the plan and stood up. "I'm going to get a drink anyway." She called before walking out, making sure to bump Adrien on the way out.

The blond groaned as he sat down, though didn't say a word at first, not knowing what to say.

"So?" Mari asked impatiently, looking back to the large mirror to fix her makeup. "I haven't got all day."

"I'm aware of that.." Adrien responded and looked at his watch, then looking to her face. "You know, you don't need makeup."

This took her by surprise. "Agreste, are you trying to flirt?"

He only shrugged a little as he looked away, feeling a heat in his cheeks he couldn't explain.

"I just think that maybe.. we should put the rivalry behind us."

"Is this you or Thomas speaking? I can't tell." She smirked a bit, still not looking away from her mirror.

"Mostly me.." Adrien replies quietly. After a moment or so of silence he hooks a finger in the bottom of her chair and spins it around so she faces him.

Because of this, they were only inches apart when Mari began to lean in.

"Adrien... I've always wanted to tell you I.." she paused, their noses touching by this point. "Damn it I like you. I hate the rivalry." She got it out before leaning in again.

However, just as their lips were about to touch Alya and Chloe came back inside.

"Hey, Mari we're on set again in one minute." Chloe cut them off happily, not noticing how the two darted away from each other, or both of their faces were bright red.

Mari looked flustered as usual as she quickly stood up, rubbing the back of her neck. "O-Okay! Coming.."

She said this with a small smile and went to walk past Adrien, though he grabbed her arm to stop her. "How about Dinner tonight to get rid of this rivalry, Bugaboo?"

"I uh... Sure I guess.." She mumbled, completely dazed, almost as if she were still playing her character and acting, but this was real.

With this, they both left the room and headed back on set. It took a few trails but they finally got the scene done without any Kwami in the way and there was a clear difference in their acting whenever it came to a love scene.