Chapter 13: Rude Interruption

"I had to be away from you far too long," Tristan joked with Rory when they got out of their cars in his driveway.

"It was ten minutes, Tris," Rory said with a laugh.

"It was the longest we've been apart since we got together," Tristan smirked.

"You are ridiculous," Rory chuckled.

"I may be ridiculous, but I'm your ridiculous boyfriend," Tristan returned with a smile. "Want me to bring all of these boxes from your car in?"

"That depends - do you mind them being here until I go back home? It's some stuff I had at Paris's house."

"I'd move you in today if we were ready for that."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Bible Boy. But yes, if you wouldn't mind bringing them in that would be great."

Rory unlocked the front door using the new key that he'd had made for her on Saturday and Tristan carried the boxes in, depositing them in the guest bedroom she had been using.

"Thank you, baby," Rory said sweetly when he'd set the boxes down.

"I charge a kiss per box for carrying them in."

"Hmm...well, far be it from me to bicker over prices," Rory replied with a smile. She grabbed him by his belt loops and pulled him close to her, peppering his neck with small kisses before making her way up to his lips. She smiled as she heard him moan into her mouth when she deepened the kiss. She felt his hands wrap around her back and sneak under her shirt, making contact with the skin just under the hem of her shirt, and she went weak in the knees when he kissed her senseless.

"If I'd known that was what I was missing out on at seventeen..." Rory trailed off with a laugh.

"I'd have fought a lot harder," he finished with a grin. "What's on the agenda for the day, Mare?"

"Hey, it's your day. You're the one who took the day off work; I assumed you'd have a plan."

"My only plan is to spend every possible minute with you."

"I could use a nap," Rory admitted honestly. "Paris and I were up late, and then I woke up because of that dream, and then I got up early so I could see you as soon as possible."

"Come on, then," Tristan encouraged her.

He took her hand and led her to his room, stopping at his dresser to dig through it. He took out a t-shirt and a pair of boxers and sent her into the bathroom to change. He used the time that she was in the bathroom to take off his suit and slip on a pair of athletic shorts. He normally slept in boxers, but he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or push for anything that they weren't ready for.

He smiled at her as she walked out of the bathroom. She looked adorable in his clothes. He walked over to her and kissed her thoroughly, picking her up and carrying her to his bed. He laid her down gently and smiled at what he saw. Rory Gilmore, his girlfriend, was lying in his bed in his clothes.

"You might need to pinch me," Tristan told her as he laid down next to her and pulled her into his arms.

"Why?" she asked in confusion

"Because this must be a dream."

Rory cuddled in closer to him and kissed him deeply as she ran her hands up his chest.

"This...is...real," she whispered, kissing his neck in between each word.

"God, I hope so," he moaned.

"It really is," she assured him.

"You'd better quit kissing me now if you want to actually go to sleep."