Chapter 30: My Baby

Tristan had slept lightly for a second night in a row. He was afraid that Rory would have another nightmare and wanted to ensure that he woke up right away if she showed any signs of distress, but much to his relief the nightmare never came. He sighed happily as he felt Rory snuggling in close to him. He couldn't get enough of the beautiful woman in his arms. It had taken them fifteen years to find each other, but he already was thinking toward the future. If he had his way, she would be his wife and the mother of his children.

Tristan was jarred from his thoughts when Rory started kissing up his chest. He smiled and pulled her on top of him. He loved waking up with her in his arms. He kissed her tenderly and brushed her hair out of her face.

"Good morning, Mary. You sleep well?" he asked.

Rory nodded and laid her head on his chest.

"I slept great; I always do when I'm with you."

"It is rather nice," Tristan answered huskily. "So, what's the plan for today?"

"Well, I thought we could have breakfast with Jess and Rebecca, and I'm meeting the girls for a sexy cardio jam class at the gym at 11:00. Then I guess we should go shopping for the things I need at the pool house and I should start unpacking."

"I guess we should get up and moving then; we have a busy day ahead of us," Tristan replied.

They both got up and got dressed - Tristan in a t-shirt and athletic shorts and Rory in her new Luluemon shorts and tank top. They walked in the kitchen hand-in-hand and Rory started coffee as Tristan began getting out the ingredients for omelettes and pancakes. After the coffee was brewing Rory joined Tristan at the counter and took over the pancake batter while he worked on chopping veggies and ham for their omelettes. They had only been working for a few minutes when Jess and Rebecca joined them in the kitchen.

"Morning, guys," Rory said happily when she saw her friends sit at the bar. She was determined not to let the events of the weekend get to her any longer.

"Morning, Gilmore. Are you actually cooking?" Jess scoffed. "Tristan, haven't you learned that you can't eat anything that she cooks yet?"

Tristan shook his head and laughed at the incredulous look on Rory's face.

"Hey, I'll have you know that Tristan is teaching me to cook!" Rory exclaimed. "I'm passable in the kitchen now, and Steph and I have even signed up to take some cooking classes."

Jess laughed and looked back at Tristan.

"No food poisoning or anything like that yet?" he asked, which prompted Rory to stick her tongue out at Jess.

"No, she's actually doing pretty well. I have no idea how she made it thirty-two years without learning to cook, but she's actually taken to it quite nicely," Tristan chuckled.

"But just for that, you get your pancakes last," she shot back to Jess.

Just held up his hands in surrender.

"Alright, alright. I'll take it back - I'm just surprised to see you in the kitchen. I actually think it's great, though," he conceded.

Rory smiled at Jess.

"Thanks. I actually really enjoy cooking with Tris," Rory told him as she continued to flip pancakes while Tristan made omelettes.

They finally all sat down with their food and dug in. Rory watched Jess take his first bite of his pancakes and smiled as she saw the look on his face.

"Watch it there, Mariano. It almost looks like you're enjoying those pancakes," she teased.

Jess chuckled as he took another bite.