18.

Monday afternoon, Richard texted the group chat

R.A: Some idiot knocked over Camilia's vase. She was really upset. Can't find her. Need help!!! SOS!!!

Sebastian had heard about this particular vase that always somehow made its way into conversations at the clubhouse. Camilia talked about it like her baby.

"I'll give it a little more water after lunch."

"I have to support the neck, a bit more."

"All I can do is shape it early on, the rest is up to fate."

Under the pretense of a bathroom break he went looking for her.  The group had split and covered separate wings of the campus. Halfway through his search, he realized that the last person she probably wanted to see was him. Sebastian took his time and stretched his legs. It was highly unlikely Camilia would come to the east wing where the business classes happened. 

Pearl's text came in. 

P.B: Not here. 

Then Jonah. 

J.B: Not at the Clubhouse.

Sebastian glanced out the windows. He should've been heading back to class now if he didn't want to get into trouble, he made a brief pit stop at the vending machine for a cherry cola. There was only one place on campus that you could truly be alone if you really wanted, the Dalton Botanical Conservatory. 

The conservatory was a large dome-shaped greenhouse in the center of surrounding buildings. It housed some of the most exotic plants. A miracle that they still grew in the winter but the greenhouse was built with artificial sunlight. It was a perfect place to take a walk through during exam season. A bird chirped above him. Despite the cooler temperature rolling in, the greenhouse managed to stay a warmer temperature than outside all year long. Flowers were still in bloom, exotic trees and their rubbery leaves jutted out on the path. 

He trailed the path until it split in a circle around a water fountain of Lady Bella. Liberta nella creativita carved underneath the statue of the naked mermaid woman with water pouring out her mouth. It was donated by the owners of an Italian fashion brand that Sebastian couldn't remember the name of.

Dalton was built with bricks, stones and gifts. 

He found Camilia on the other side of the fountain. Her knees pulled up to her chin, body shaking with soft sobs. 

Sebastian froze. People had wept in front of him and he didn't even flinch. Yet, seeing the sight with Camilia made his body fill with panic. He didn't think she was capable of crying. He admired her strength, put her on a pedestal. Now that she had cracked, all he wanted to do was put her back together.

He texted Richard his location and got a response back.

R.A: OMW!!!!

"Hey,"