09.

After Sebastian's trip to Claw, he couldn't sit still in the car ride back home

After Sebastian's trip to Claw, he couldn't sit still in the car ride back home. A secret was like a bomb, you had to drop it at the right time. But Camilia's secret came out suddenly, like an adrenaline rush, excited, muddled with no plan in sight. It was reckless and Sebastian wanted to forget his mistake when Pearl texted him an SOS. 

P: Our friend is at a Baron Roy party. No girls allowed. Will you be saving him or do I have to get Jonah?

Sebastian wasn't very fond of parties that happened for no particular reason but when it came to Baron Roy, everyday was a debaucherous party. He texted Pearl. 

S: I'm out. Richie can manage Baron.

P: It's because of Diane. 

S: Fine, on it. 

"Jorge, I need you to drop me off somewhere," Sebastian said, slicking back his hair. 

"Mr. Big-shot," Baron called out to him when he entered the back of a nightclub in the Lower East Side. Baron had a wide face, fish lips and a flat nose; an unfortunate combination of features that made him look like an asshole. Except that he was. Sebastian smiled, paid some compliments leaving Baron fulfilled with the encounter before going to find Richard.

Red lights cast around him and the scent of sweet perfume mixed with hookah reminded him of nights in Abu Dhabi. Except, this party was a cheap knock-off for the real thing. Curtains closed off sections of the club. Sebastian didn't have to guess what they were when a topless girl exited one of them and giggled when Sebastian shyly stepped aside for her and said "Excuse me." 

Sebastian walked on until he found Richard smoking hookah with his Lacrosse teammates. Richard's face resembled that of a child lost in a supermarket.

Girls in revealing outfits and heavily kohled eyes belly-danced around them. Glittery jewels hanging off their tops and mesh net covered the lower half of their face. 

"What are you doing here?" Richard asked when Sebastian took a seat on the crimson cushion beside him.

"Making sure you don't do anything stupid," Sebastian said.

"I don't need a babysitter," Richard said, exhaling a cloud of smoke, trying to hold back his cough.

Sebastian looked around the group, their attentions were on the half-naked dancers.

"That's what I told Pearl," Sebastian said. "But she seems to think that you tend to make bad decisions every time Diane posts a pic online."

Richard passed the rod to Connor, the Lacrosse team captain, who exhaled the smoke onto a belly dancer making her giggle and shake the beads hanging on her bodice. Another belly dancer in green jewels came up beside Richard but moved on when he showed no interest.

"Diane texted me," he finally said. "That's why I'm here."

"What did she want?"

"She's coming back. She said she's sorry for the way she left and that she hopes I forgive her. I told her I had a girlfriend and she hasn't responded."