38.

The car was quiet and Camilia kept looking at Jorge, not Sebastian

The car was quiet and Camilia kept looking at Jorge, not Sebastian. Jorge's detached presence was more comforting than Sebastian's. She needed a therapist to reveal the oozing ache in her.

A bit drunk still, she stole glances at Sebastian who looked different. His bangs fell on his forehead and eyes glued to his phone, typing away. She was so used to his slicked back hair, the pristine suits and crisp oxford shirts, that this boyish look on him made him seem like a completely different person. One unmistakably resemblance was that cool neutral look to him that never revealed his thoughts. 

He had not said anything  to her after getting in the car and it uneased her. The tension in the car grew the longer they kept silence. It was such a stark difference from just a month ago when she wouldn't hesitate to get in the Phantom and they would talk all the way. 

She shifted in her seat and let out a soft groan when her muscles ached. A moment later, Sebastian also shifted awkwardly in his seat. The silence was unbearable. 

"Do you..." she started. His face turned to her immediately as he was waiting for her to start all this time. "Do you want to talk about the kiss?" 

She witnessed him stricken, a wall going up inside him.

"What is there to talk about?" He replied, nonchalantly. Her eyes narrowed.

"Sometimes, it's impossible to talk to you," she answered, the alcohol made her lips loose. "Just tell me how you really feel. You can cuss me out, tell me how irresponsible and foolish it was. Just stop acting so indifferent."

He stared at his hand, flexing it. "I can't. You weren't the only foolish one, remember." 

He looked at her and she could feel the intensity again. How his hand had cupped her face, how he pulled her in, lips moving to the rhythm of hers. 

"What? Are you ashamed because you kissed me back?"

"Aren't you?" 

She was, only because she had done it to make Richard jealous. She had used Sebastian, even though he had done the same to her, it felt wrong. A part of it though, felt right. She wasn't ready to have that conversation yet.

"You're right, there's nothing to talk about here."

"Why did you kiss me?" he asked, shifting to face her. Now it was her turning away from him, putting the wall up. 

"I think you know," she murmured. 

"I would like to hear it from your mouth."

"Okay, fine, Sebastian. I kissed you to make Richard jealous. There, happy?" 

He looked anything but happy. He fell back into the seat, surprised, fists tightened. Then he said, in a lowly tone, "Richard was never going to be the love of your life so why are you even upset about it."