23.

Jonah would've rather gouged his eyes out then go to a high school party but tonight's party was special occasion

Pearl's surprise birthday party was at N8, an exclusive night club that many Daltonians frequented including Pearl's boyfriend, Emory. Built underground the highly reputable Chase building by Cornelius Chase I to treat his clients to a night of dangerous fun. Over the years, it had become a nightclub for young professionals working at the Chase building. It was so very exclusive that it didn't even show up on Google's search engine. There were only rumors of an underground location where young elites came to get loose and sin.

Emory had entered the sacred clubhouse a week before, just because Pearl's name was on the door, and made himself comfortable.

"Here's what I'm thinking. Neon lights, champagne fountain, we'll get her a huge cake,"

Sebastian, Jonah and Richard eyed each other with skepticism.

"You know she hates surprises." Richard had said. 

"She'll love this one," Emory was adamant. "Plus that's what all girls say, what they really mean is the opposite," Jonah could find so many faults in that argument. He thought the answer would be clear but Sebastian had his thinking face on.

"N8, is that the club underneath the Chase building?"

"You bet it is, the most exclusive club in the city," Emory answered.

Jonah narrowed his eyes. He remembered reading that the Prigou company had their office on the 28th floor of the Chase building from the files Sebastian sent him. "Tell me you're not thinking of what I think you're thinking,"

"What," Sebastian replied innocently, "I can't comment on the architecture of a building,"

Of course Sebastian's mind whirled with the opportunities. He didn't delve into his plans and Jonah thought it was just a passing idea. The Chase building was a glass fortress, tightly secured to protect highly important personnel that worked there. He had seen the cameras, the sharp smooth marble, impossible for any person to get over. There is no possible way to enter the secure tower. 

When Pearl entered the club and everyone shouted surprise she slapped on a smile.

Richard, Jonah and Sebastian were in the VIP area, drinking a more exclusive champagne and watching Pearl's reaction. Jonah could see through her smile and so could the other two.

"Oh god, she hates it," Richard groaned.

"Where do you think she'll hide Emory's body?" Sebastian said.

"If I were to bury a body it'll be at the harbor," Jonah answered.

Both of them were dressed smartly. Richard in fitted jeans, a dark camo jacket and a black top. Sebastian in trousers, a matching navy blue blazer and a white t-shirt. Jonah felt severely under dressed in his dad's jean jacket and faded black jeans but it didn't matter because girls were still hitting on him. After seeing Jonah's fierce gaze, they surely backed away.