Back to Where We Started

Edited: 7-18-17

Recap: We quickly found our seats, me sitting next to Shawn (obviously) and Taylor. 

  Once again, I woke up to vigorous shaking from Shawn. "Babe, wake up. We landed." I finally got up, much to my disagreement. When I stepped out from the crowded airport, the wind was rushing past me, making my hair fly in my face. We waited for our limo, quickly getting in when it arrived. We hurriedly signed into the hotel and got room assignments. I was given a room with Mahogany. Shawn was across the hall from me with Hayes and Aaliyah, who was joining us for the next few stops. I had gotten to talk to her a little and she had an amazing personality. We arrived at the hotel early in the morning, and I had finished my online schooling for the day, and I needed a little girl time. I love hanging out with the boys, but they can be quite annoying.

"Hey, Mahogany. Do you wanna go shopping? I was gonna ask Aaliyah, too."

"Yeah, sure. Let me grab my purse and stuff," she said, pointing to something behind her suitcase.

"I'm gonna go and ask Aaliyah." I pointed to the door.

I stepped out of the room, not bothering to close the door behind me. I knocked on the door across from mine and was greeted with the face of none other than Hayes. "Hey, Hayes. Is Aaliyah here?" He nodded, going to get the twelve year-old.

She came to the door, smiling. "Would you like to go shopping with Mahogany and I?"

"Yeah, let me go ask Shawn for some money," she said, pointing to her older brother, who was laying on the bed on his phone.

"Don't worry about it. I'll pay for you," I smiled

"Alex, you don't have to do that. It's fine, really."

"I insist. Come on," I motioned for her to come with me.

"Are you sure?" She was a bit hesitant. I simply nod and she follows me out the door. Mahogany was just about ready when I grabbed my purse, then we were off (to the mall, that is).

---Hours later---

"Are we ready to go back?" I said, looking at the 4 bags in my hands. Aaliyah had 2 bags and Mahogany had 5. I took out my phone to check the time, and saw that I had several texts from Shawn.

Shawn: Do you have Aaliyah with you?!

Shawn: Ali, I'm freaking out right now!

Shawn: Please tell me you have her with you?!

 Alex: Shawn, relax. She's with me. I took her shopping. She's safe

"We should probably go back. Shawn is worried sick about you," I say to Aaliyah, "He thinks you got kidnapped or something." We head to the car and then to the hotel. 

We finally get to our rooms and I hear Shawn from across the hall, "Aaliyah! I was worried sick about you!"

I burst out laughing. Shawn is so overprotective. I walk out onto the balcony and notice a strange car parked across the street. I observe 2- what look like- agents get out from the vehicle, heading into the hotel. I brush it off and head back into the room, putting away the things I had gotten from the mall. I was sitting on my bed looking at Instagram when there was a knock at my door. Mahogany was in Nash and Cameron's room with Carter, Aaron and Taylor. I get up to answer the door, opening it to reveal Matt with the two agents I saw earlier. I study Matt's face. It was tear-stained. He was sad about something. His gaze was fixated on his shoes. "Alex, pack up your things. You have to go with these agents."

"Matt," I said, looking back and forth between the agents and him, "what's going on? Who are these people?"

"Alex, don't make this harder than it needs to be. Get your stuff packed. Say goodbye to everyone," he sounded as if he was going to cry. Honestly, I was, too.

I didn't know what was going on, but I followed Matt's orders. I carefully packed up my things, occasionally glancing at Matt, still crying. I walked down the hall to where mostly everyone was and knocked on the door. My eyes were watering, tears threatening to spill. Aaron answered the door, a smile on his face. As soon as he saw me he engulfed me in a hug and asked what was wrong. I told him everything that had happened. I eventually got around to saying goodbye to everyone in the room and headed to the rest that were in Shawn's room. 

Hayes answered the door. His face fell upon seeing my tear-stained one. "Alex, what's wrong?"

"Hayes, I don't know. I don't think we'll see each other again, though." My voice was shaky, even though I was trying to make it as even as possible. Once I finished saying goodbye to Hayes and Aaliyah, I move over to Shawn. 

I didn't want to say goodbye. I wanted to stay. "Shawn...." I was at a loss for words. "I don't want to go." I was looking down at the burgundy carpet.

"Ali, chin up princess." I look at him, and my eyes start to tear up. "We are going to see each other again. This is not the end of the world. I... I love you. Nothing is ever going to change my mind." I crash my lips into his and we move our lips in sync. I pull away.

"Goodbye, Shawn."

"No. See you later."

I walk back to my room and say goodbye to Matt. He's done so much for me and no words can express how grateful I am. I wrap my arms around him in a hug. "Promise we'll see each other again?" I pull away and hold out my pinky finger.

"Alex, I don't know if I can promise that, but I will try my best to get you back. I will promise you that," he wraps his pinky around mine.

"What do you mean 'get you back'?"

"These agents are from the child protective services. There are taking you away from us. This is the hardest goodbye I've ever had to say to anyone. I don't want you to go, but you have to. I'm so sorry Alex." Tears were pouring out of my eyes. Tears were racing each other out of his.

The agents grabbed my arms and dragged me out of the car, despite my kicking and screaming. Matt now had his forearm against the frame of the door. He was leaning his forehead against his arm, his eyes pouring tears.

  How will I know for sure I will get out of this prison?  

A/N: umm. yeah. The end