Gender

That was the first time I met Viktor Nikiforov. I was 18 at the time, and when I woke in the hospital, I made sure to watch the finals. I had to forfeit because of my injuries, but, I cheered him on. Two years later, Viktor called me up.

~~~

My phone buzzed on the edge of the rink. I skated over and answered.

"Hello? Is this Mokoto Todoroshi?" The voice on the other end was familiar as all hell.

"Yes, who is this?" I responded with a shaky voice.

"Mokoto! It's Viktor! How have you been?"

"Viktor...Nikiforov?" He seemed slightly sad at my response.

"Yes, that's me. We heard you were in Japan. Is it okay if we visit you?" I was confused

"You mean you and Yuuri Katsuki?"

"Yes." I froze. Viktor seemed to sense my apprehension.

"We will only be there a few days."

"T-that's fine-"

"Great! We will be there! Meet us at the Hanyū train station at 3:30pm on April 17th!"

"Alright. I'll be there." We hung up, and I smiled. I was usually a lone skater. I had no coach, and it was usually a topic to talk about among the spectators at competitions. Now they'll have even more to gossip about.

~~~

On April 17th, I headed to the Hanyū train station. I was carrying a sign that read  'Mr. Nikiforov and Mr. Katsuki" as I was walking to the train. I saw the train stop, skidding to a stop. A taller Russian man and a Japanese man walked out. The Russian seemed to be searching for someone, he was turning his head back and forth. The other man seemed timid, as he was holding close to the white-haired Russian.

"Mokoto? Mokoto Todoroshi?" He was calling me. I walked closer. It was Viktor. I could never forget that grin when he saw me.

"Mokoto!" The other man looked surprised

"I'm sorry, you're Mokoto?" I looked at him.

"Yes."

"Oh, I'm sorry." He was very shy "I just assumed you would be a woman because of your name." My eyes widened and then I smiled.

"It's ok. Follow me. I can get your luggage." I pulled their little suitcases. "So, you must be Yuuri Katsuki." He smiled a little. "It's a pleasure to meet you." I bowed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too." He bowed in response "I wasn't sure if Viktor was talking about the skater Mokoto, because he hadn't mentioned your last name." He rose again and smiled.

"You skate very well." I turned with a smile. "You will both be staying in my family home. You each have your own rooms, but they are connected." We walked to the house with little conversation.

~~~

"It's time for dinner!" I had prepared pork cutlet bowls, because of Yuuri's obvious addiction to them. They finished them quickly. I wanted to know why they had decided to visit me on such short notice.

"So, why are you here?" Viktor leaned back in his chair.

"There have been nasty rumors going around about your gender. I'm certain you've heard some of them." That's right. "We wanted to help you get through it." Some nurse at the hospital had let it slip that I was transgender.

~~~