Different

In that moment, with him staring at me like that, I felt different. I remembered the days I had cheered him on after I had to forfeit the Grand Prix. I flashed back to when I watched him skate from the sidelines. His long white hair, and how graceful he is on the ice. With age, he mastered the sport and became a skating god. I grew to look up to him, and now he was right in front of me. I don't care if he likes me. I just want to be around him.

"N-never do that." He took my hand and ran his fingertips along the scars. "You...shouldn't."

But...

"I won't anymore."

Could he be seen around me...

"Promise?"

And still...

"Promise."

Be proud?

~~~

Soon after our chat, I came out of my room. 

"Mokoto?!" Yuri yelled

"Woah~ What is it?" I flinched

"I'm sorry." His voice suddenly became quiet "For slapping you. You probably understand some of what I'm going through better than I do." His voice became loud again "But don't think that gives you any right to treat me like a child!" I laughed 

"It's ok. I forgive you. And I see you as an equal. Don't worry." He choked.

"All the bullshit that's coming out of your mouth is making me sick!" He rushed into the other room, where Pichit and Viktor were. It looked like he was pestering Viktor about something. 

"Hey, Mokoto?" Yuuri looked up at me from his chair. He stood up and walked over to me.

"Yeah?"

"Have you been crying?" He reached up to touch my cheek. I brushed away his hand.

"I'm just tired." If he had touched me, he would have felt the tear tracks on my cheeks. I don't want to make Yuuri worry more than he already does. 

"You sure? You were in your room for a long time." I smirked

"Oh yeah?  Don't think I didn't hear you and Viktor. You seemed like you were having so much fun~" Yuuri gasped and began to blush furiously. "But I didn't want to interrupt, so I just knocked on the door"

"Mokoto..." I stopped teasing him. 

"Hmm?"

"Um... There's something I need to tell you. It has to do with Viktor and I."

"What is it?" Why is he so serious?

"We're leaving tomorow." Those three words shattered my heart to pieces.

~~~