Red Lips & Brown Eyes ~ Chapter Five: Make Believe That I Impress

Chapter Five: Make Believe That I Impress  

Melissa~

Just like every other first night on any other tour, the crowd was absolutely mental. Both men and women were screaming their lungs out, singing along the to lyrics and shouting out different names. It was the end of our set and like every other last song, we were doing a cover. This time, we chose The Pretty Reckless' song, 'Kill Me'. Normally, Aleesia would be the one doing all the singing while I did backing vocals, but this time, the roles were switched.  

"Everyday I wake up, everyday I wake up alone." I sang into the microphone, my fingers gripping on to my green guitar pick as I strummed the necessary strings. "Or get me out of the sun." I continued. Since Aleesia's vocals were softer yet powerful, she had me sing any song where the original singer's voice was raspier or had a hard edge to it. "Just a prime thirteen when I rode his machine. Tried to keep my body dirty and my eyes closed and clean." I sang.  

Since we're just a supporting band, our set time is only about twenty minutes. But we made a promise to our fans that even in the short time, we would make every second of it count. No matter how long the set time is, we always try to give our fans a show they'll never forget. Some may disagree, but we encourage people to perform mosh pits and wall of death. Like the famous Kevin Lyman said, "If you don't want to get hit, stay out of the pit."  

"I want to see that shit go wider!" I shouted, motioning for the small mosh pit to get bigger. "Open that shit like a hooker's legs!" I ordered, my words earning a small laugh from both Anna and Aleesia. Almost instantly, the mosh pit began to grow wider until it reached both walls of the barricade. The people who weren't participating in the pit were jumping around and singing along to the cover song.  

"Someone get me out of the sun!" I finished singing, throwing the last of my guitar picks into the crowd of ecstatic men and women. Since Blink-182 were headlining, there were older people in the crowd, but it made me extremely happy once I saw them having as much of a good time as some of the younger fans were. "Thank you Houston! You guys were fucking phenomenal!" Anna screamed into her microphone.  

Sweaty, panting and out of breath, the three of us ran off the stage. Mark instantly pulled me into a tight hug. "You guys were terrible." He said and I laughed loudly. Whenever we tour together, Mark and I always tell each other we had a bad performance, but we're only kidding.  

"We fucking rocked." I laughed, pulling away from his tight grip. Standing behind Mark were the guys from All Time Low, they were getting ready to go out next. Alex was talking and laughing with Angel, Rian was on the phone, Zack was doing push ups and Jack was talking selfies. I walked towards him and decided to join in on the selfie.  

Jack laughed, surprised by my actions. I didn't really blame him though. Even though we've only been here for two days, I haven't uttered a word to Jack. Well, besides the introduction I had with all four of them on Blink's bus. But besides that, we haven't really talked to each other.  

Jack hung his arm loosely over my shoulder, grinning widely as he angled the Iphone above us. I gave my widest smile and held up the middle finger as Jack snapped the picture. He laughed happily as he stared at the terrible selfie. "This one's going on Instagram." He mumbled. I laughed, shaking my head as I watched him post the picture with the caption 'Backstage selfies with @MelissaTWC'. As soon as Jack posted the picture, comments quickly flooded in. "Oh god," Jack muttered, stifling a chuckle.  

"What?" I asked.  

He just laughed as he handed me his cellphone. "They're already shipping us together, man." He said. I read through the comments, seeing a lot of them involving the word 'ship'. Some were calling us 'Mack' while others were saying 'Jelissa'. I find it amusing how one selfie together can make such an impact. Hell, I haven't had a full on conversation with the guy and I'm already being paired with him.