Chapter 11

You know that feeling where you have enough energy to run a lap around a football field while screaming on the top of your lungs because of how much excitement you have running through your body? That's me right now as I walked pass the many people in the airport. My grip tightens on my suitcase's handle as I get closer to my gate. My parents talk among themselves on how they'll plan to flight out to whatever state or country I am.

"Please don't do that." I said seriously and laughed.

"We need to check up on you." My mother said as we sat on the bench near my gate. I took my backpack off and sighed.

"We agreed that I'll FaceTime when I go to sleep. I think that's enough, mom." I said a bit annoyed due to the fact that I've been up since four in the morning.

"Ana, you have to trust her. She's old enough to take care of herself. Plus, we talked to Erick's mother and she'll take care of her. She's in good hands." My father spoke assuring my mother.

I'm still under age so I need a guardian to go traveling with. Of course, my parents both are too busy to join me on going on tour with five dudes and their team. Renato spoke to my parents and assure them that Erick's mother was trust worthy. I was confused on why he never mentioned Patty but then i realized Joel's old enough to travel alone. Why couldn't I be lucky enough and be born in February as well?

"Mom, although Joel and I aren't in good terms, he's still the same guy. You trusted him back then, you can still trust him." I said looking at both of my parents. They looked at me surprised on what I said. I, myself, was too. All of a sudden I don't hate him? I'm not crying? I'm okay?

"But that was before-"

"Mom, trust me and his team. I'll be fine." I cut her off. I'm doing perfectly fine and I don't want to be reminded because I know that'll ruin my mood. Passengers don't need to see a grouchy Yadira.

"Flight to Denver Colorado..." I heard the speaker say. I didn't care or listen to the rest since I sat right in front of the gate. I gather my things as my parents helped me.

I turn to look at my mother whose eyes got glossy. I rolled my eyes playfully and hugged her. "I won't be gone that long. Next week you'll see me in LA." I assured her. I pulled back and hugged my father. "Te quiero." I said.

People got in line and waited for the door to open. I got in line and passed through the long processes of getting checked and finally made it to the front. I handed my ticket to the flight attendant and got in.

Renato got me tickets in the way front and made sure no one got the seat near me to prevent getting a creepy pedophile next to me or an annoying old lady.

I leaned my head against the window and slowly closed my eyes.

----

"Welcome to Denver Colorado." I read a sign. I chuckled and gather my belongings. As soon as I walked out, there I saw them holding signs. I felt my cheeks turn red of embarrassment. These are the people I'll be with for who knows how long. Great.

Awkwardly, I made my way towards the five guys, Renato and Erick's mother. "Welcome to the cnco team!" Christopher said as the rest laugh.

I awkwardly laughed and caught Joel staring and smiling from ear to ear. I furrowed my eyebrows and he stopped smiling and looked away.

"Ya tenemos tour buses. No te tienes que preocupar de los hoteles." Renato spoke. I nodded and fixed the straps from my backpack. "Chicos ayudan." Renato said while pointing at me.

They all fought on who was going to take my things since it wasn't much. I stood there confused and clearly not use to this. "It's fine!" I shouted loud enough for them to hear me. They all looked at each other then Renato who glared. "I'll take them." I added.

We walked out of the airport and right outside the door, there was a white van waiting. Renato and I put my luggage in the back and got inside the van. Lucky me, I sat next to Joel.

On the ride to the arena, the guys laughed, talked and sang along to all the songs that came out on the radio. They would snap once in a while as well.

"So are you excited?" Joel asked awkwardly. He looked ahead as I looked at him. The last time he called me was to clear up that he didn't tell Renato and Ricky. Ever since, he never called me or texted me. I was glad but at the same time I was upset. He sounded less awkward in that call as well. I guess he's just confused on where we stand and awkward since I never apologized.

"Yeah. I can't wait to take pictures and start designing merch." I said in all honesty. He looked at me and half smiled before looking back at the front.

I looked outside the window and took in every detail of Denver. We arrived at the arena and made a turn in the back of it where the tour buses were. The guys got off and headed to their bus as I gather my things.

"Y nadie se quedo para ayudarte." Erick's mother spoke as she shook her head and handed me my backpack. I smiled and then closed the trunk.

It was somewhat hot today and I was glad I wasn't wearing a sweater. It was already eight thirty which took me by surprise. We walked towards the bus and got inside.

All eyes were on me. The boys stopped what they were doing and stared too. Renato walked towards me and stood next to me. "Esta es Yadira y será parte del team cnco." He said. Everyone waved and smiled. I felt my body less tense and waved back.

"Ven. Te voy a enseñar tu bunk bed." Renato spoke as he made his way through the crowded small hallway. As I passed by, Renato showed me what the doors were and such. We got to the bunk beds and mine was towards the middle next to Erick's mother's. I sighed in relief that I didn't have to be across from one of the boys.

Imagine waking up and seeing one of them up close to your face staring creepily or staring from across you?

"Estos no lo usamos." Renato explain as he put his hand on the top bunk. "Richard lo tentó y se cayó cuando dimos una vuelta. No quiero que te pasé lo mismo." He said as I chuckled. "Estos son los más mejores porque esta en el medio." He said placing his hand on the middle bunk. "El de abajo, lo usamos para nuestras cosas. Ahí puedes poner tus maletas." He said looking at the last one. I nodded and took my backpack off and placed it on the bottom as well as my luggage.

"La mamá de Erick estará a tu lado por si necesitas algo." He said patting the bunk across me. I nodded and he walked away. I opened my backpack and took out my laptop and camera.

"Ready to take pictures of us?" Richard asked from behind me. I turn to look at him and nodded. "Great. Take one of me right now." He joked and posed.

"I'm only allowed to take pictures when you are on stage. No cuando se les de la gana." I said getting up to meet face to face.

"Another sassy one. Are you Renato's daughter?" He joked. I rolled my eyes and hit his arm lightly. "We're a crazy bunch but we're kind. Welcome to the team." He said before going to the back of the bus.

I took a deep breathe and continue to mess with my laptop. Here it goes.

--------------------
Published: June 7, 2017

Omg we're so close to 1K reads! Thank you so much
-JoelPxmentel

Word count: 1383