Chapter 14

Joel grabbed my arm and helped me climb the huge rock. Halfway through, I wanted to turn back around and go back down but knowing how adventurous Joel is, he won't allow it. "We're almost there. I promise." I heard Joel say from under me. I hold on tightly and pushed my body up.

"Are you sure there's no other way to get there?" I asked with hope in my voice.

He chuckled. "If there was, don't you think I'd taken us there?"

I groaned and continue to climb. Soon the grass and trees appeared. I sighed in relief and got up. I helped Joel up and took in the view around us.

"You hear that?" He asked. I shook my head and then listen carefully.

"A waterfall?" I asked excitedly. He smiled and dragged me to where the sound of water rushing came from. It was the most beautiful place I've ever been.

The grass was so green while flowers bloomed from the grass and bushes near by. The birds chirped as they rested in the branch above us. The water ran from the top of the rock wall down to a small pond.

"You like it?" Joel asked smiling and staring at me. I nodded eagerly making him laugh. I took my phone out and took pictures of the place around us.

"These are definitely going up on Instagram." I said and chuckled. Joel leaned on the rock near us and watched me, clearly entertained.

"Come here Pimienta!" I said and pulled him up. He stood next to me and I took a picture.

"Wait. I wasn't ready." He laughed grabbing my phone. "I'll take it because you're too short."

I playfully hit his arm acting as if I was hurt. He hold the phone up and snapped the picture. We continue to pose and do silly faces while laughing.

After our photo sessions, we sat down on the grass in silence. Joel turned his back on me and played with something.

"Que haces Joel?" I asked trying to look over his shoulders but he pushed me down.

"Don't look!" He said as he tried to hide whatever he had in his hands. I sighed and waited for him to finish.

He turned back around with his hands on his back. "Close your eyes." He grinned.

"Why?" I whined but his smile never disappeared from his face.

"Just do it. Trust me." He said. I gave in and closed my eyes. I felt something on my head and Joel's breathe close to me. "Okay open them." He said.

I looked up and noticed I had something in my head. I pulled my phone out and swipe to my camera. I gasped and smiled.

Joel made me a flower crown.

"You like it?" He asked eagerly. I nodded and tackled him into a hug. He laughed and hugged me back.

I didn't realized I was on top of him until we both stopped laughing and just stared at each other. His brown orbits staring into mine. He would stare at my lips then back at my eyes.

I felt myself leaning in and him as well but before our lips could connect, my phone rang. I heard Joel sigh and I got up from the floor.