Chapter 18

"Joel!" Shouted Richard excitedly as he smirked. Joel seemed annoyed but tried to hide it. I felt my heart beat faster as I felt anxious. Richard better not pull something on us.

"Run in your underwear." Richard said between laughs as everyone laughed at him. Joel turn a light shade of pink and stayed still. "Awww Joey isn't tough?" Richard teased.

Joel rolled his eyes and got up. "Only that?" He said as he took his sweater off. I fought the urge to look at him pretty much strip in front of me. I looked at the guys and no one has caught me. Good thing.

"Yes only boxers." Richard answered. Joel sighed and took his shirt off. I was amazed at how toned he was. I was more amazed at the fact that he was so confident and not timid. I looked away making it seem like I was looking around the bus.

"Okay go run." Richard said bringing my attention back to Joel who was now only in his boxers. My jaw dropped a little but I looked at the curtains from the bus. Everyone got up and headed outside.

"It's too dark. How am I going to see?" Joel complained. Richard took his phone out to start the timer and shrugged.

"I don't know. Use your senses?" Richard spoke making Joel sigh. "Ready? Go!" Joel took off and we all laughed at him.

"Yo te mire." I heard Zabdiel whispered startling me.

"Yo también." Erick jumped in smirking. I rolled my eyes at them and went behind the bus to call Mario.

It was a bit dark and the only think that illuminated the street was the bright street light but where I stood was pitch dark. Mario didn't answer so I called again.

I heard a noise but before I could look up and turn my flash on, it hit me and we both fell. I cried in pain as I hold my side. None of the guys heard or maybe they had gone inside since they didn't check on me.

From the light of my phone, it illuminated the person's features. It was Joel. My eyes widen as he stare at my lips then back at my eyes. "Get off me!" I shouted as he furrowed his eyebrows in anger. He got off as I got up. He didn't even give me a hand. What an ass.

He walked back to the side of the bus where all the guys were laughing and talking. They spot Joel and started to cheer.

"Que te pasó?" Christopher asked worriedly as he walked towards him.

"Me ca-"

"No a ti no. Yadira, estás bien?" Christopher asked as he dodged Joel and came towards me. I looked down at what now they were staring. My knee was bleeding and my white shirt was dirty. "Tienes un moretón." He said slowly tapping my forehead as I winced.

"Joel tú también tienes rasguños." Renato said looking at Joel's elbows and knees.

"El no se fijó y chocó conmigo." I told them. They all looked at each other and smirked. I rolled my eyes and got inside the bus as the rest slowly got inside too.

I went to my bunk and bend down to the bottom one. I opened my suitcase and took out my short and shirt pajamas. As I moved things around, I winced in pain because of the fresh cuts.

"Cámbiate y te ayudo a limpiar las cortadas." Erick's mother said behind me. I thanked her and walked into the small restroom in the bus. I quickly and carefully changed.

As soon as I opened the door I came face to face with the one who caused all this mess. He stared at the bruise on my forehead then back at my face.

Before I could pass by him he gently grabbed my wrist. I glared at him and got out of his grip. "I think you've done enough." I said before sliding the door that lead to the bunk beds.

I put my rip and dirty clothes in a bag and walked towards the couch where Erick's mother was at. She had the first aid kit with her. I sat down and she began to clean the dried blood. I bit my lower lip to prevent me screaming. She put a lotion and then a ban aid.

"Dame tu otro brazo." She said. I shift in my seat so it'll be easier for her to clean my right elbow. "Duele?" I nodded and she half smiled.

I heard the door of the restroom close and there stood Joel in shorts and muscle tee. He came to where we were and sat next to me...en el pasadero.

"You can't sit in the couch or what?" I spat. Erick's mother looked at me surprised making me feel guilty. Joel sighed, got up and sat on the couch across from me.

I guess sitting right by my side when I'm hurt is still a thing for him.

.   .    .     . 

"Ow! I can't walk!" I complained as I hold on to Joel's shoulder. He looked at the back door figuring out how he'll take me inside.

We were in his backyard playing basketball, having the time of our lives but me being the clumsy one tripped and fell. I scrapped my knees terribly till the point I couldn't walk.

Without any warning, Joel picked me up bridal style and ran inside. "Mom! Where's the first aid kit?" He shouted.

He placed me on the couch as my knees continued to bleed. Patty came running in with the box in her hand. "What happened?"

"I fell." I shyly said as they both came to my side.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine." Patty assured me as Joel and I chuckled. She opened the box and looked at us confused. "What's so funny?"

"Mom, she's 16 not 6." Joel spoke. She realized that she baby talked to me. She laughed and began to clean my cuts.

The whole time, Joel sat right by side holding my hand. Ever since we were kids, he would always sit on my right side super close to me. You'd think I'd want some personal space but I felt safe.

.      .      .       .

"Ya listo." Erick's mother said. I thanked her and she stare at Joel who seemed to be spaced out. "Joel, es tu turno." She spoke bringing him back to reality.

I got up and he sat down on my current spot. Before I went back to the bunks, I turn around to find Joel already staring at me. He looked away and clenched his jaw. 

I sighed and walked towards my bunk. Day 3 and we already hate each other.

————————

Published: June 14, 2017

Word count: 1127