Chapter 17

"Yo mire eso." Zabdiel whispered to me as Joel and I got off the karts. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion acting like I didn't know what he was referring to.

"Yadira, want to come with me?" Erick asked in his tick Cuban accent while pointing at the mini coaster looking ride. I nodded and we started walking back to the moving seats.

"Erick perdón que no termine de ayudarte anoche." I said playing with my fingers hoping he would accept my apology.

He smiled. "No te preocupes. Joel me ayudo." I nodded and we made a stop and waited for our turn. He turn to look at me and seemed as if he was debating on telling me something.

He looked ahead and then it was our turn to go on. We got in and they closed the handle. As we went up, we stayed quiet looking at the bright sun setting.

"Como te sientes?" He asked randomly taking me off guard. His bright green eyes stare into my brown ones.

"Mas o menos. Solo extraño a mi amigo." I said in all honesty and remembering last night's conversation with Mario.

"Es solo tú amigo o amigo con-"

"No. no. Es solo mi amigo." I chuckled. Mario is handsome but he's like a brother to me. I'll never see him as more nor less. He nodded then looked away, thinking.

"Qué tienes?" I asked making him look at me. He stare at me for a while as if the answer to his question would be written on my face.

"Qué pasó entre Joel y tú?" I gulped and my face dropped. I mean, I expected for all his bandmates to know but at the same time I hope they didn't.

"No estoy lista." I simply said and looked ahead. I started thinking of that day and my blood began to boiled.

"Esta bien. Perdón si te incomodé." He apologized. I looked at him and half smile. That counts as a 'it's okay' right?

—————

"Erick, tu ponte afrente." I said as I sat in the back. His eyes lighten up as he smirked and got in. I chuckled and leaned back. The ride started and it was slow as my body relaxed.

"Cuéntame sobre de ti." I heard Erick say.

"Es mi último año en la prepa." I said as I looked around and took in every detail. He turn to look at me, surprised. "Qué?"

"Pensé que eras un junior." He said. I laughed and shook my head. He turned back around and looked around as well.

"Mira, ahí va Christopher, Zabdiel y Richard." I told him while pointing at their moving seat. Christopher was recording Richard as he moved in his seat. "Se va caer el pendejo." I said as I saw Richard's legs dangling.

Erick and I started laughing at them. "Hey!" Erick shouted and they looked up. They started waving back smiling. We were still waving at them and the ride speed up, taking Erick and I by surprised. I hug his back tightly as the ride did small turns. Not trying to exaggerate but I felt like I was going to fall out the kart.

Erick laughed knowing I was somewhat afraid due to the fact that I tighten my grip on him on certain turns.

When it seemed to slow down I looked up and stopped hugging him. "Yo pensé que no iba ser tan escandaloso." I said fixing my hair as Erick turn to look at me and laughed.