Chapter 23

It was the end of day 6 and it feels like I've been with the guys for months. I took my laptop up to where Renato and other managers were since they wanted to see what I've been up to. "Cuales son los diseños?" One of them asked.

I pulled up the designs I've been working on and tilted my laptop towards them. They scrolled and took in every detail.

"Mi idea es de tener cosas como de Erick, Richard, etc y luego cosas de cnco." I said showing them the way I grouped it. They nodded and continue to look at the designs. My anxiety was off the roof. I wanted them to like these designs, in fact I just wanted them to talk. The silence was killing me.

"Me gustan." They said. I felt a huge wave of relief wash over me.

"Solo haz la cachucha de Joel roja." Renato commented. I nodded and quickly changed it. Staying up for hours at night was worth it. I closed my laptop and walked back to the bunks. I was planning to go to bed since I was tired but tired isn't in cnco's vocabulary, sometimes.

"Yadira, come join us!" I heard Richard say. I turn to my left and saw him and the guys playing uno. They all were staring at me and were giving me their best puppy eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "No son bebes. Paren eso. Se ven mas feos de lo que están." I joked walking towards them. Richard moved over and I sat down.

Erick handed me my cards and we started. It was barely the beginning and it was already intense. I put my card down and Erick, who was next scratch the back of his head while staring at his cards.

"Agarra una nueva." Richard said. Erick reached over and then slammed his card down. It was the black one that meant to give four cards to the next person which it was Joel.

"Hey that's cheating!" Joel defended himself. We all laughed as Joel pushed the cards Erick was handing him, away. "You had no card. You have to skip as well." He added.

"Tiene razón. Perdón Erick." I defended Joel. They all looked at me weirdly, especially Joel. I guess he wasn't expecting that but I like playing games by their rules.

"Las reglas de los juegos son diferentes aquí. Las reglas cnco es que, lo que hizo Erick, es válido." Christopher said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head. "Ay no. Mejor no juego. Va ver muchas trampas. Ya los conozco." I put my cards down. The guys all began to laugh.

"A que jugar otra cosa." Zabdiel said as he put his cards down. "Yadira ha estado con nosotros una semana y no todos la conocemos. Solo la fastidiamos."

I smiled at him. All the guys nodded and Christopher put the cards away. "Entonces 20 questions o que?" I asked. They exchanged looks then nodded.

"Yo voy primero." Erick said raising his hand. "Haz tenido novio?"

"Ay Erick!" The guys all said as they threw whatever they had near them. Erick laughed and waited for my response.

I've spend my whole life drooling over Joel I had no eyes for anyone else.

I laughed nervously and shook my head no. Everyone's, except Joel's, eyes widen. "What?" I asked.

"Nunca?" Christopher asked surprised. I nodded and felt less awkward. Erick smirked. Oh no please no.

"Que bueno. Preguntaba para un amigo pero creo que él ya sabía." Erick said and moved quickly from Joel afraid that he'll do something to him. But Joel didn't move a muscle. He sat in his spot comfortable and unbothered.

"Mi turno." Zabdiel said. We looked at him and he asked. "Tienes hermanos?"

I nodded. "Un hermano mayor. Se llama Nathan y está en la universidad."