{14} A Day Full of Roses

Zaynub Khalid

I woke up on a soft pillow. I could hear heavy breathing underneath me. That must have been Zakir. Sighing, I relaxed myself against the warmth that radiated off the pillow.

Wait a minute. Underneath me? Oh my God! 

I opened my eyes and looked up. My eyes landed on a handsome man's face. It was Zakir. Half of my body was on top of him. Our legs were tangled together and his strong muscular arm was wrapped around my waist, pulling me to him. I tried to wiggle out of his grasp. It wasn't because didn't enjoy this, it was an awkward position.

The more I struggled to get out, the tighter his grip on me was. Good grief, why wasn't he letting me go?

"Stop struggling and go back to sleep," he groaned.

"Why do you have a death grip on me?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

He chuckled and then slowly opened his eyes. His dark brown eyes gazed at me with longing, butterflies erupted in my stomach at the thought.  Zakir grabbed my hips and pinned me to the bed.

"Because you're my kitten and I like cuddling with you," he smirked.

"Nimrod," I muttered under my breath.

"That wasn't very nice," he taunted.

"That's kinda why I said it," I stated in a matter-of-factly.

"Oh you're going to regret saying that, kitten."

"Oh yeah? How?" I teased.

"Like this," before I even had time to react I felt fingers pinching into my sides. I started squirming around while Zakir laughed. "Say you're sorry," he demanded, playfully.

"Never," I breathlessly said as I attempted to get away from his tormenting fingers.

Zakir started to pinched my sides harder until I finally gave up.

"Okay, I'm sorry," I laughed with tears in my eyes.

He froze and stared at me, intensely. It was almost as if he were soaking in my features. I stopped laughing and cocked my head to the side, trying to figure out what he was doing. As I stared at him I realized that he was staring at my lips. 

Finally after several minutes, his lips met my own in a passionate kiss. Right then I felt heat go from my toe to my face. Our lips molded perfectly together like they were made for each other. Zakir gently caressed my cheek. The kiss only lasted for a few seconds, but it was everlasting on my lips. He then pulled away.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it," he breathed out.

I could only nod. I didn't trust my speaking abilities.

"Come on. Let's go pray now then we can do whatever you like," he said as he got up.

* * * *

After we prayed Zakir and I stayed in our room. Currently, Zakir was laying his head on my lap. We were just talking about funny moments, until Zakir changed it into something more.

"Zaynub, I'm really sorry that I caused you so much pain in the past," he said, solemnly.

"Zakir, I forgive you. Relax already," I sighed. He kept saying he was sorry, but that was in the past.

"No, Zaynub. You don't get it. I really care about you, and I feel like you don't know that," he said while looking me in the eye.

"Then show me so I will get it," I whispered.