Not Really An Obstacle. . .

Deep breath in. Relax

Deep breath out. They won't hurt you. 

Deep breath in. Much. 

Deep breath out. So far, everybody has been quite understanding. 

Deep breath in. So far. . .

Sorry for the dramatic beginning *Grins* 

No, I am not really worried. After all, the times of the inquisition are far behind us.  ;)

But seeing as the following chapter is sure to ruffle quite a few feathers, I felt the need to start with a short Author's Note: please, keep in mind that I am not quite the type to simply follow orders. Much less blindly.

I do know what I want and I have been living the life that I have chosen for myself, for almost three decades now. Which is far too long to keep up a forced life-style. 

At least for me.

I do know that what you are about to read might seem drastic, but it is actually not that unusual. And I have felt the benefits right from the beginning. Otherwise, I would not have been able to keep it up.

Curious?

Well, then: take a glass of tea (or whatever you prefer), make yourself comfortable and read on :)

A spiritually established life is not an easy task. But a materially satisfied life is an impossible task.

- Sri Chinmoy

On our drive back home, we had a lot of time to talk.

Not only that, we actually had to talk.

To prevent the driver from falling asleep.

Which was a very real danger, since we were heading back home right after the function, which had ended around midnight. As Budapest was only about four hours driving distance from Graz, we had decided that it was the cheaper and much less complicated option as opposed to searching and staying in – yet another – cheap hotel.

Our topic of choice? Well you've probably guessed it: Everything that had happened during the last few days, including our own personal experiences with Guru. (Yes, sometime during the last function in Budapest, 'Sri Chinmoy' had transformed into 'Guru' for me.)

My Guru.

Thinking about him, I felt something somewhere deep within me respond, giving me the subtle feeling of... serenity... contentment... and... protection. One of connection and love. 

A few qualities all rolled into one, really. But so gentle, I would have missed it, had I not been in a very quiet and introspective mood at that time.

Focusing on it more closely, I noticed that the sensation within me was not actually responding to anything, but that it had already been there the whole time. Hidden in the depths of my heart, only waiting to be discovered.

It appeared to be a permanent part of my inmost being, always present and ready to connect with my outwardly conscious self whenever it would concentrate on it. Focusing more intently, I realized something even more surprising: that gentle, blissful presence or consciousness within me was Guru's concentration on me.