29

"엄마 마음 알기나 "

...April 2014...

It was 4 in the morning. She woke up and found herself sleeping alone on the bed. She rubbed her eyes and sighed as the memory from the last night flashed on her mind. Tip toeing to the door and walked silently, she found her husband sleeping on the couch with television on; bad habit.

She reached out for the remote control and turned off the television. She looked up to the rooms upstairs where her son's and her daughter's room were located. All of sudden, she felt an urge to check them out; just wondering if they're sleeping comfortably or not.

The first door was her son's. She opened the door quietly and found nothing. She didn't see her son lying down on his bed. Wondering where her son had gone at 4 in the morning, her question was answered as soon as she opened the daughter's room.

Here they were. Her son was sleeping on his sister's room; on the floor with plenty of blankets, because she knew exactly that her daughter would never let her lovely brother freezing on the floor. Meanwhile, the daughter was sleeping on the bed. Hand reaching out and leaving gap centimeters away; she knew that they were falling asleep with hand on each other last night.

A smile tugged on her lips as she walked closer to the daughter's bed. Her steps weren't loud, but it was loud enough to wake her son.

"Mom?"

His mother put her index finger in front of her lips; asking him to be quiet. "You could have woke up your sister. Go back to sleep, it's 4 in the morning." She whispered. The boy was just nodding his head, shifted around as he had his back against his mother and sister; half a sleep, before going back to his dreamland.

She took a sit on the edge of the daughter's bed and reached out her hand to the girl's hair. She caressed it slowly, full of love and full of guilty.

Her daughter looked pale and tired. Traces of drying tears were visible on both of the daughter's cheeks

"Did I hurt you, dear?" She muttered although her daughter couldn't hear it as she fell deep on her sleep.

"I'm sorry. I didn't do it on purpose. I was too angry and couldn't think straight..." She cut her words to take a deep breath.

"Ji Min is a good man. I didn't mean to treat him like that. I was just too shocked, okay? It's 4 in the morning and I just couldn't back to sleep. Just want to tell you this, dear..."

"...Be happy with Ji Min. I've been thinking all night long and I'm pretty sure he's the one."

She kissed her daughter's forehead before standing up and walking to the door; leaving the daughter's room and headed back downstairs.

"I think I should tell you about this once again in the morning, after you're waking up..." She said before closed the door behind her.

Since she couldn't go back to her sleep, maybe she could do some laundry or cooking.

Soon after the door was completely closed, Seung Jin opened his eyes. He sat up straight from his sleep position and turned his head to his sleeping sister.

"Noona, are you awake?"

He thought maybe the girl was still sleeping soundly. A silence hung on the air, let the boy's question left unanswered before the silence was broken by a faint response which was coming out from the girl's mouth as she opened her eyes slowly.

"I'm awake."

^_^