9: Luke

READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END- IMPORTANT

Wow... Annabeth and Thalia didn't join the hunters and become immortal because they didn't want to leave me? Well, the way Thalia was acting they were pretty mean about it.

Yeah... Anyways we were walking through the woods when we heard a growl. This huge black mass was coming through the woods towards us. Another hellhound? Really?

The stupid mass of fur was just a pile of dust about five minutes after we attacked. As we kept walking, I realized that we were really close to my house. I know what your thinking, 'didn't you run away from there?' Well yeah. But we went quite some way, and we were being chased by monsters. So I was back here.

"Hey guys? Do you mind if we go this way a little? I wanna check up on my mom, cause we're pretty close to my house." I said to Thalia and Annabeth.

We pulled ourselves through the brambles, trees, and bushes until we were in my backyard and out of the woods. Suddenly I noticed Thalia was limping rather heavily. "Thalia what's wrong with your leg?" I asked, concerned.

"Oh, nothing. I'm fine." She gritted her teeth and stifled a groan.

"No, your not fine. Let me see," I insisted.

Grumbling, she sat down on a large rock at the edge of the woods and rolled up her pant leg. Annabeth and I gasped at the same time. Thalia had a huge cut going down her calf, with three scrapes around it.

"The hellhound. Did it scratch you?!" I asked.

"Yeah." He rolled her pant leg back down, "It'll be fine."

"No, it will not. I'll have my mom fix you up when we get inside," I said.

"I don't need- fine. Let's go." She limped up to the house.

Shaking my head, we followed her up to the front porch and knocked on the door.

A singsong voice answered, "Come in!" Gulping and gripping the hem of my shirt to steady my hands, Thalia pushed open the door.

The putrid smell of burned cookies filled my nostrils the second the door open. Coughing, we entered the house. My mother was sitting at the table talking to none other than...

"Hermes," Thalia finished my thought.

"Dad," I said, gaping at him.

"Why hello Luke," he said, smiling at me. The he turned to my mother, "Remember what I said," he warned, the came over to us.

"H-Hi dad," I stuttered.

"Hello. I'm sorry I haven't gotten a satyr to you three yet, they've been awfully mixed up over there." He said, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I must be going. I need to deliver a letter for Apollo." With that, he disappeared in a flash of light (which we all knew to shield our eyes from).

I then turned to my mother. "Hi mom. This is Thalia and Annabeth." I motions to them.

"Hi Mrs. Castello. Thalia here got scraped by a hellhound when we were coming here. Can you path her up please?" Annabeth asked, earning a glare from Thalia.

"Luke! I have your lunch ready! Of course! Let me go get some bandages!" My mom said, rather loudly.

Sighing, I turned around to find my dad standing there again. "Your back?" I asked.

"Yes. I just want to make sure you don't do anything reckless." He said.

"I just don't want to be all cooped up at this camp. I want to be able to go back out in the world again!" I said angrily.

"You will! I'll get a quest for you when you get there. Kill the Hydra or steal one of the golden apples of the Hesperides." He said.

"Okay, I guess," I replied, as Thalia and Annabeth came back into the kitchen.

"See? I'm fine." Thalia said, showing me the bandage around her leg.

"Yeah. Can we go now? Your mom's kinda freaking me out," Annabeth whispered.

"Yeah, sorry about her," I said turning towards the door. Suddenly I heard a gasp.

I whipped around to find my mother hunched over, her eyes turned a bright, misty green. She collapsed into Hermes arms whispering, "My son... Fate... Bad... I see..."

"I know, my love, I know," Hermes said sadly, stroking her hair as I ushered freaked out-looking Annabeth and Thalia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took me so long to update! Now for the important thing...

SUBMIT A CHARACTER!

You can private message me or put it in the comments.

Include:

•Demigod, monster, or mortal (if monster say what kind)

•Name

•Gender

•Hair

•Eyes

•Traits

•Anything else!

Thanks!! I will include your character as soon as I can!!

~Megan<3