10: Annabeth

Luke's mom is pretty scary. I mean, I can see why he left. Her eyes turned all green when we left. It was creepyyyyy.

Anyways, we were walking through the woods, when we heard a scream. Luke whipped out his sword and ushered us to do the same. I pulled out my dagger, and Thalia pulled out her sword and tapped her bracelet to turn it into Aegis. That thing freaked me out.

We burst into a clearing to see and empousa looming over a girl with golden hair and a gash on her forehead lying in the ground.

"Back off, empousa!" Thalia yelled, shoving Aegis in her face. Recoiling, the empousa covered her eyes and hissed. Me and Luke took this as an opportunity to stab her at the same time. When that was done, we all crowded by the girl's side.

"W-who are you? Your demigods too aren't you?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm Luke, son of Hermes, this is Thalia, daughter of Zeus, and this is Annabeth. We're not sure who her mother is. What's your name?" Luke helped her sit up.

"Nadia. My mom is a mermaid, but she used some magic to keep it from me until a week ago. She also told me my dad was a god, but I don't know who. I got mad at her for not telling me she was a mermaid, so I ran away." She said, turning her green-blue eyes to us.

"Okay, Nadia. You can hang with us, I guess." Luke said. The he walked away to retrieve our bags that we dropped to kill the empousa.

"Come over here, we'll fix you up." Said Thalia, ushering her over to her bag.

"Thank you. Usually I could fight off an empousa, but she attacked me from behind." Nadia said, once we had given her some ambrosia and the cut on her forehead had mostly healed.

She had her own bedroll, so we all went to sleep right after, with Luke taking first watch.

A few hours later, Thalia switched to watch. Then me a few hours after that. We decided to not have Nadia take watch, because we just joined up with her today.

We were walking some more, trying to find a good place to camp for the night, when we heard some rustling in the trees. Suddenly, a huge hellhound came out of the woods, as big as a house.

We all went to grab out weapons, but Nadia was faster. She whipped out a long bronze sword and slashed through the hellhound in one long swipe.

"Wow." Thalia said, "that was some wicked sword work. How did you learn to do that?"

"My mother taught me. Apparently she used to help fight in Poseidon's army underwater and she showed me some moves. She gave me the sword too, it was made by the cyclops in the underwater forges." Nadia said, putting her sword away.

We slept at an abandoned camp ground. I was taking first watch that night.

Suddenly, I heard hooves along the ground, coming near us. Pulling out my dagger, I stood up. Then a very old, very fat satyr burst out of the bushes.

"Who are you?" I asked, started by his sudden appearance.

"Gleeson Hedge! I'm here to rescue a demigod!" He yelled, waving a baseball bat.

His yell woke up Thalia, Luke, and Nadia.

"What?! What is it?!" Luke yelled, running over.

"Some random satyr here to 'rescue a demigod'" I said.

"This must be the satyr Hermes sent to save us!" Luke said. "So your gonna bring us all to Camp Half-Blood?"

"Uh- no. I've been told to rescue an undetermined demigod named Nadia." Said the satyr.

"What? Your not going to save us?" Thalia said.

"No. I only save the one I was sent for." He grabbed Nadia's arm and began to lead her away.

"Hold on there, satyr. I'm not leaving my friends." Nadia protested.

"It's fine, Nadia. My father sent for another satyr to come find us. We'll see you at camp, I promise." Luke said.

"Well- I guess so." Nadia sighed, gathered up her stuff, and waved goodbye to us, sadly.

I'd miss Nadia. She was really nice. I can't wait to see her at Camp.

"Gee, that satyr was a jerk. I mean, there's four demigods, and your only gonna save one? Stupid satyrs." Thalia grumbled, laying back down on her bedroll.

"I know, tell me about it. I'll take second watch now, Annabeth. You go get some sleep." Luke said, taking my place.

I happily laid down on my own bedroll. It'd been a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked the chapter! Nadia was a character submitted by @love_angel111. If you want to submit one, look at the authors note at the end of the last chapter for details!

~Megan<3