1

Fifteen years later.

Five years old. That was how old I was when my father died, killed by his own best friend. A year afterwards and the mayor got what he deserved, slain by the mafia.

Though I'm glad he's dead, I still feel... unsatisfied. I need to get the revenge myself, by killing the new Mayor. The problem with this is, I have no clue who that is. When I was five, I didn't even think to pay attention, which I regret.

I've been the new Executioner for five years now. At fifteen years old, I realised just how I wanted to get my revenge and I still haven't got it. Sighing, I imagined finally getting my target, the Mayor, hung. I would stop at nothing to end his life.

I checked my watch and quickly realised it was time for Salem to gather and discuss the happenings of the night before, and accuse others of murder. This may sound diabolical to you, but it's all normal here. Lying is basically our second language.

Making sure I had my will on my person before I left, I hurriedly put on my coat and hat. There was nothing special about the coat, but the hat was my everything; it was once my father's.

Looking outside, I saw some others gathering their pets, so I quickly encouraged Rex to get up with some of my leftover chicken from last night. As we walked outside, he howled, causing all of the Town to look at us nervously. I would too, Rex did sound like the werewolf there.

I jogged to my part in the square, and greeted my friends GaLm and Smarty. We grew up together, and that's how I trust them. They're both townies; GaLm is the jailor while Smarty is the Investigator. Together, all three of us make a great team in investigating the mafia. We would work with the sheriff, but Diction was murdered by the mafia a couple of weeks ago. Though we are sad, we must continue to try and achieve our goals.

I know that only until I achieve mine will I be truly happy.

There were two bodies in the square today. I could easily determine that one had been eliminated by a serial killer, the other the mafia. I recognised the bodies as Vanoss and Daithi.

I glanced around at the other people in the square. Gassy, Nanners and Tom were in their own group away from the others, Entoan was, like usual, moping around the square; Krism was staring blankly at one of the bodies, while Minx was standing lazily next to Krism. Minx was the oldest Town member in all of Salem. I didn't bother to look at the others; I figured them to be unimportant as of now.

Since we had no public mayor, we all discussed things as a group.

Accusations started flying across the square, and I waited until I heard one of interest.

"-visited Entoan last night!"

"I saw Minx and Krism-"

"ZeRoyalViking visited Vanoss last night!"

Now this sparked my interest. The only thing is I have no idea how to determine if this was a lie or not. I'd have to get Smarty to investigate Ze later.

No one else picked up on that claim, everyone else was focusing on the one about Entoan, and for some reason the blame shifted to Entoan himself, rather than whoever visited him.

Eventually, when it became time to vote, Entoan was voted up, and he was hanged. Sadly, it was discovered he was medium, and not a bad role like everyone had speculated.

Eventually, we had the rest of the afternoon to plan our strategies, write our wills and converse with allies.

Instantly, I went towards GaLm and Smarty and told them about my theory.

"What role do you think he is?" I asked them, and neither of them had a clue.

"I'll investigate him tonight and I'll tell you what I can find out?" Smarty asks. "Or would you prefer GaLm to jail-"

"No Smarty, you investigate him. Even if you aren't the best at it, and can never tell me a definite role," I say jokingly, and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever."

Eventually, the moon was coming up and we all had to return to our homes, except for the ones planning on doing something tonight. I had no danger of dying because of how well I kept the security up at my place, which was great. I didn't even have to leave because I had GaLm and Smarty to investigate and execute for me. I was living the life.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I would know what Ze's role is.

-

Should probably mention that this is updated every Friday!
Thursday for some of you!

-Jo