8

Why... why did I feel hurt? Why did I feel betrayed?Steve and I aren't together, I'm not gay, and Nanners was only doing his job.

Ugh.

It was currently 6am, just two hours before the lynching begins.

I hear a knock on my door, which happens to be Smarty, so I let him in.

"You don't talk to GaLm or I anymore Chilled, you're always chatting to Ze..."

I sigh. I really don't want to think of Steve right now.

"I'm- I'm sorry Smarty. I'll try and make it up to you both, I promise."

Smarty just sighs. "Chilled... are you- are you and Ze together?"

I widen my eyes at this. Together? As in... a couple?

"Oh my god, you are, aren't you?"

I blush. Over the past week, I've slowly gotten closer and closer to Steve. Sometimes, maybe a little too close. That hug was still in my mind. The pain I felt when I saw Steve and Nanners.

"I- I don't know anymore Smarty. I caught Ste-" I cough, in the hope to cover that up, "Ze and Nanners at it last night. All I feel is pain, betrayal."

"You have what one might call a crush, Chilled."

I shudder. Ew.

"Look, Chilly. I'll confess. I'm pretty fucking gay. I've fucked Nanners more times than I can count; I can be your guy for advice on this."

Okay, this is fucking new.

"I did hear you at it two nights ago," I awkwardly chuckle, causing Smarty to turn as red as a tomato.

"Oh my god," he says, putting his head in his hands.

Rex takes this opportunity to jump on us both, and eventually we are rolling around on the floor laughing. Rex licks both of our faces causing us to squirm.

Dong. Dong. Dong.

"Well, there's the bell. Let's get to the square!" I say, already feeling a thousand times better thanks to Smarty. I really shouldn't have just left my friends like that, they've been with me way longer than Steve has.

As everyone begins to gather, I notice Steve looking at me directly in the eyes. Something about that just screams guilty.

Turning away, I start whispering to GaLm and Smarty.

"I hate to say this Chilled, but I really don't think- I really don't think that Ze is what you'd call an innocent Godfather..." Smarty trails off.

"What?"

"Ze was distracted last night. There were still kills. The mafioso doesn't kill unless ordered to by the Godfather, and there was a mafioso kill," GaLm blankly states.

I let this sink in.

Steve... my target? No way.

"He can't be my fucking target dude. In fact, Jail him GaLm. Threaten him with his life. I guarantee that he's Godfather. He can't be mayor. Mayors are absolute dicks."

"I- okay Chilled..." GaLm muttered. I could tell he thought this was a waste of his time.

Tonight, GaLm and Smarty were finally going to understand what I saw in Steve, or what they would know as Ze.