9

GaLm

I knocked once, twice, thrice. As soon as he opened the door, I dragged him to my quarters.

"So... you're obviously jailor then."

"You would be correct, dear Ze. You must be mayor."

I could hear Smarty just out of eyeshot, shifting so he could hear a little better.

Ze paled. "Um.."

"If you're not the mayor, then you're the Godfather which gives me more than a good reason to shoot you."

"How do you know that I could be either of these roles?"

"I happen to be good friends with Salem's investigator, Ze. Now answer the goddamn question before I fucking blow your brains out," I say, twirling my gun around my finger.

"You'll- you'll tell An- Chilled though.. I'll die either way, GaLm."

"I promise that I won't tell Chilled," I say deviously. I'd just get Smarty to tell him.

"Fucking fine then, GaLm. I'm mayor! Are you proud of yourself? You're going to get me fucking killed!"

"I won't be the one doing that, dear Ze."

Ze shuddered. I can only imagine what is going through his head.

"Just for the record, Chilled actually put me up to this. He was, and still is, so convinced that you are the Godfather of this town..."

I sighed. Chilled was naive. He always has been, no matter how hard I've tried to get him to be a little more cautious.

"You may go, Ze."

Before I could even blink, Ze had left.

Smarty now approached.

"You're going to get me to tell Chilled, aren't you?" Smarty sighed.

"Yep."

Chilled

GaLm will finally discover the truth tonight. Never have I been so hyped to say 'I told you so.'

Laying on my bed, looking out the window, and stroking Rex, I let my thoughts wander. I thought of the times of when I was a small child. I remember walking with my father everywhere. Going to his best friend's house. His best friend, the one that killed him, had a son. I struggle so hard to remember the facial features of that little boy. All I remember is that he was kind to me, nicer than Smarty and GaLm ever were. He was sensitive. More feminine than manly. That was what made him intriguing.

But now, that is the boy I am set out to kill. It seems strange, considering the boy showed me nothing but kindness. It's just- it's in my blood to kill. It's a need. I was trained, brought up to be a person that holds a grudge.

I was trained to make sure to hang others rather than myself.

GaLm and Ze weren't like me- they were trained for justice, to help all the good doers, and lynch the bad ones, whoever they are. I'm more neutral, I don't care if they are good or bad. As long as they did nothing to harm me directly, I am fine with their presence.

Finally, I turned my light off, shooed Rex into his own bed and closed my eyes.

I was prepared for an eventful day tomorrow.