6

Six thirty.

Just thinking about meeting with Steve tonight gave a rush to my heart. I hadn't felt this way in years; the last time being when Jess was still alive, and when I was straight. However, she was slain by the serial killer about a year back.

But- Steve was a guy. While being gay, I hadn't yet fallen in love with any man. This was new; different. Chuckling to myself, I gave Rex a pat on the head, and left my house to visit Steve's.

On the way, I had to pass by Smarty's house where I could hear distinct moans. I recognised them being from both Smarty himself and Nanners, who I now realise is the escort.

Well, that's cute.

I thought Nanners was with Max though. I guess people move on quick. Or maybe he's just the town prostitute.

Before I know it, I am outside Steve's door.

"Come in!" Steve calls. He must've been waiting for me.

"Hey, Steve," I say as I let myself in. I catch a whiff of a delicious smell. "Is that spaghetti bolognese I smell?"

"You're Italian, right?" Steve asks nervously.

"You got it!" I say. "Even if that's a stereotypical Italian dish, I love it."

Steve serves the Bolognese onto two plates, and sets one in front of me.

"Bon appetit!"

I cringed inwardly, but didn't let it show. I didn't want to hurt Steve's feelings after he put all this effort into making me something like this.

"So?" Steve asks nervously.

"Honestly, the dish is great. Good job dude."

Steve smiles, and I continue to scoff the food down like a vacuum cleaner.

"Is it really that good?"

I look up with the spaghetti sauce covering all around my mouth. "What do you think?"

We both burst out laughing.

"I should really come over to your house one of these days, I'm getting sick of cooking," Steve pouts.

"Ugh, fine. My place is a pigsty though, be warned."

Steve chuckles. "I'm sure you'll clean it up before I come over, knowing you."

"I guess that's true," I shake my head, chuckling.

Once we finish our dinner, Steve and I just chill on the couch, undeniably closer to each other than normal friends would be. Neither of us say anything though.

We fall asleep like that, at peace.

Smarty

Panting, I am out of breath. Nanners sure knows how to do his job.

That's when I notice Chilled going over to Ze's house again. He's been going there every night this week. I really think something's up.

Maybe he's doing what I just did with Nanners but with Ze.

I hope not, I've kind of always liked him.

Nanners looks outside to where I'm looking.

"I've noticed your little buddy keeps going there. Should I stop that?" He asks, with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

For a mere second, I envy Nanners. He gets to sleep around with anyone and everyone in Salem, whether they want to or not. However, I'm just the investigator.

I don't want him making a move on Chilled, though. If anyone was to make a move on him, that would be me.

"Nah, just occupy Ze tomorrow night?"

That'll put a stop to those visits hopefully.

"Of course, anything for you, Smarty~"

With that, Nanners was gone.

With GaLm grieving, I am the only person able to save Chilled from the inevitable now.