3

"Alright..." my breath shudders, sending white air into the night. I wrap my coat tightly around me and pull my hat further down on my head. It's so cold it almost feels like it could snow, but that never happens in Salem.

Max stands beside me, ready to go once I am. I'm procrastinating. If he is the Godfather, either way one of us will die. If he is the mayor, then I will get my revenge.

So either way, I get my revenge or die trying.

We make our way to Ze's house and knock on the door three times.

Footsteps.

The door creaked open.

Ze's face.

"Can I help you two?"

"Can we come in?" I asked. Recognition sparked in Ze's eyes, and he let us in.

"Um... make yourselves at home?"

Max and I immediately started glancing around the room, and I noticed an intricate map of people's faces who had died, some who had lived, lines and arrows in every which way and papers everywhere. I also noticed some knives on the kitchen bench, gleaming. It really seemed like this guy was godfather.

Eventually, Max and I warily sit down.

"Coffee?"

"No thanks."

I made sure not to have a drink. He might spike it.

"Well, uh... why are you here?" Ze asked, confused.

Now for my questions that weren't quite asking his role, but would give me a clue as to what it might be.

"Do you enjoy what you do for the town?" I ask.

Ze gives me a look, and answers. "Well, no. I don't even do that much. Others do what I could easily do for me. It's because this job was my father's and I had to apparently upkeep the family name."

I nod, Max awkwardly sitting beside me, saying nothing.

While we sat there, Ze wrote a bunch of stuff on a bit of paper and handed it to me. "Read it later."

Suddenly, the door smashed open and none other than Tom Fawkes comes through the door.

Tom the Mafioso.

He charges at me, but Max quickly jumped in the way and protected me- ultimately dying.

"O-oh my god..." I stutter.

"Leave, now!" Ze yells, and I don't need to be told twice.

Running through the back alleys, nearly slipping on the pavement, and probably spraining something, I ran to save my life. I had to go from one end of town to the other. I heard no one chasing me, yet I still had an urgency like no other.

When I finally made it into my house, I quickly shut and locked the door, and enabled my security system.

Immunity.

Now, what was on this page that Ze gave me?

Chilled,
I apologise about Max's death. Admittedly, I heard you talking about me today, so I sent someone after you. As soon as I saw Max with you, I knew he'd die instead.
After actually meeting you for the first time, I now want to get to know you a little better. I promise I won't send someone after you again. Swear on my life.
Heck, you can even put that I sent someone to kill you in your will if you want- so if I get someone to kill you, it'll ultimately kill me too.
Look, I want to eliminate that serial killer. I don't know your motives as of now, but I'll do my best to help you with whatever they may be.
-You know exactly who I am.

He... he was going to kill me? And if he organised someone to kill me... he must be the Godfather. They can order Mafiosos to kill people. Luckily, I know who it was. Tom Fawkes. I'll include them both in my will.

I knew tonight was going to be a shitstorm, I just knew it. I just wonder how many other people died.