2

I awoke to slobbery kisses from my dog Rex.

Fuck, I forgot to feed him last night.

I shuffled towards the cupboard and produced a box of kibble, which I poured into his bowl, yawning.

Making sure, that like always, I had my will with me and that my hat was on, I headed outside. Rex could stay home, he'd scared all of the Town members yesterday with his howl.

As soon as I made it to the square, Smarty approached me. We were always fearful of spies early in the morning, so Smarty only said three words.

"Leader among men."

I nodded. This could mean either the Godfather of the mafia, or the mayor of the town. I might've just found my target, but something was telling me that it wasn't Ze. Either way, I had already made up my mind; tonight, I would visit Ze, and we would talk- hopefully. I'm banking on the fact that he's mayor.

"Chilled? Are you even listening?"

I snap out of my thoughts and look at GaLm.

"What?"

"I knew it," GaLm sighed. "What I was saying was that if you're planning on visiting him, he's number seven."

Okay, he's on the other side of town. I'm number thirteen.

"I will visit him tonight," I say, and GaLm instantly goes full 'parent mode' on me.

"Take Gassy along with you, okay? He'll protect you if Ze is the Godfather. Oh, and use protection!"

For the first time in a while, I flushed red. "Shut up GaLm."

GaLm and Smarty just laughed at me. A while back I had admitted I was gay, and they haven't really shut up about it since.

Leaving GaLm and Smarty, I approached Gassy.

"I'm here to request services, Max." I state in all seriousness, but Max gives me an all knowing smirk.

"I can give you better services than you could ever dream of," He said in a seductively low voice, winking at the end.

I gotta admit, that offer was tempting; I did feel a little twitch down there.

"Yeah, no thanks Max. Maybe later. I want your bodyguard services, I'm going to a potentially dangerous house tonight," I state to him with a slightly seductive tone.

"I can guard your body any day-" Max begins, but I glare at him. "Um, well. Okay- yeah, sure. I can help you identify if it's dangerous too. You're not even a proper townie so..."

"Alright, thanks Max. You can shut up now. How's Nanners?" I said with a wink.

"Oh, piss off you." Max shoves me away and I chuckle.

Everyone is at the gallows again, and there are two bodies in the square today. Lui and some guy called Ritz. I only vaguely remember them from group discussions.

There are also no leads today, so no one is called up. We all just stay around, waiting for darkness. I have a feeling that tonight, some serious shit is going to go down. I'm glad I'll have Max with me, thank god for GaLm.

"Who am I investigating tonight?" Smarty asks with a yawn. He's obviously tired from the night before.

"I don't think you need to investigate anyone tonight. You're tired, so you won't be on your A game. Plus, I'm picking up vibes that a lot of shit will go down. It might be safer for you to stay home." I turn to GaLm. "You too, GaLm. We've got no leads on who you should jail and there's still a serial killer out there."

"You stay safe too, Chilled. Make sure Max is with you."

"Will do, GaLm. Will do."