05

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

TODAY WAS THE DAY we were dissecting the slimy amphibians. I would be excited but just thinking about cutting up the frog and having its insides exposed gives me the shudders.

As I put on my apron and goggles, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Zachary smiling goofily holding up the tools we needed.

"All ready to go?" he asked.

I nodded, and we walked to our station and proceeded to slice open the poor frog. As soon as the knife came in contact with its skin, you can smell the horrible stench of death, blood, and guts.

I back away from the creature. "Yeah, okay I'm done you're cutting it."

He chuckles and takes the tool from my hand and cuts what is needed. "Tweezers please."

I hand him the tweezers as he carefully pulls out the heart, lungs, and stomach. It was an awful sight and I wanted to throw up but I controlled myself. As a joke, I gently pat his forehead with a cloth and let out a quiet laugh. "How's it doing, doc?"

"I can identify this frog as a female, because I see this," he plunges his hands in the frog and pulls out what looked like its ovaries filled with eggs. I gag and look away from it.

"Please just place it where the other organs are, or anywhere where I can't see it!" I gasp covering my eyes.

"Oh, is Nina Mathews terrified of a tiny deceased frog?" He waves it around my face and in reflex I smacked it, making the eggs inside the ovaries spill everywhere.

I groan. "Now look at what you've done, Zachary! Now we have to clean this up." I grab a napkin and start cleaning. Zachary was still standing there laughing so I threw the infected napkin at him and he immediately stopped.

"Oh now you're going to regret that." He walks up to me and slathers me with the frog's bodily fluids.

Notice I said bodily fluids because I had no idea what the hell it was. I tried not to scream because I didn't want to make a scene so I covered my mouth. Good thing we had aprons on because we made quite a mess.

"Okay for real, we don't have much time. Let's get back to work." I put my hands up in surrender, still laughing in between breaths.

He agreed and we continued examining the creature giving each other glares here and there.

Soon enough, Mr. Harris spoke up. "Okay students, that's a wrap! The only thing you need to complete is the rest of your report, so you no longer need to work with your partner. Class is ending soon so I ask of you to please clean up. Put the frogs in this bucket and your aprons in this bin." Students scurried around doing what needed to be done while Zachary and I were talking.