✎ Chapter 8: Something ✎

*Bzzt

*Bzzt

You groaned as you heard your phone vibrate for the 10th time today.

"Please not now." You mumbled to yourself as you saw Jaebum's name on the caller's name.

You're currently working on your 14th chapter, it's a long way to go. That's why you don't need more distractions at the moment.

"Yeobeoseyo?" You answered with a sigh, leaning your back on the chair.

"Thank god you answered this time."

"I'm sorry but right now is not a good time for chatting—"

"When is a good time then? You've always kept me waiting before until now."

You scoffed as you tried not minding the familiar warmth in your chest.

"Maybe next week or next month. I'm currently working for my new book—"

"Next week then. I'll pick you up at Friday, 5 o'clock."

Look at him, deciding everything by himself now. I can say the same to myself though.

"Fine. Just don't bother me this week."

"Thank you, Yeoreum-ah. I..."

"Bye—"

"I miss you."

Before you can react to his words, you pressed end call and stared at your phone.

You bit your lower lip as you felt your eyes welling up with big ugly tears. You wiped your tears with your other hand that's not occupied by your phone and breathed heavily.

You tried not to free the loud cries threatening to come out from your throat. You tried not to sob loudly or else you'll make everyone worry. You tried keeping everything to yourself even if it hurts.

You gritted your teeth as you leaned your head on your desk, hiding your tear-stained face.

"I-I miss you too, Jae." You whispered as you closed your eyes, feeling your fast heartbeats on your pulse.

He has the right to know everything.

"Goodmorning." You said as you got down the stairs. Your mother was cooking breakfast while your father was drinking his coffee. You went to the fridge and took out a carton of milk.

"Are you alright, darling? You look—"

"I'm fine, mom. I just lack sleep and—"

"I know you are a writer but you shouldn't forget how your health matters more than creating books." Your father sternly spoke as he flipped the page of the newspaper. You saw your mother glance at him as if stopping him with her glare.

"I'm not forgetting that I'm still alive, dad. I know what I'm doing. I'm an adult after all." You said as you put milk on your glass.