✎ Chapter 12: A Painful Kiss ✎

"Honey! Jaebum's here!"

Your eyes widened as you suddenly remembered what day today is.

"Oh fuck. It's Friday!" You squealed in panic as you grabbed your coat again and slipped into your sneakers. You actually just got home from Sehun's house after treating his injuries.

You totally forgot that you're gonna meet your ex today.

"Unnie?"

"Yeah! I'm coming!" You grunted as you put the little box inside your sling bag. You put your phone and wallet in too. You quickly opened the door and saw Chanhee blinking at you in surprise.

"Your hair looks like a nest, unnie."

"I know. Thanks." You said as you pulled your hair tie off and let your hair down. You combed it with your fingers as you got down the stairs.

Your mom suddenly walked towards you with a confused face.

"I thought you broke up already?" She whispered as she glanced at the guy in your living room. You followed her gaze and sighed.

"We did. We're just talking not dating this time, mom. I'll be back before 8. Please tell dad. This is really important." You said as you kissed her cheek before walking towards Jaebum, who's sitting on the couch.

"Okay."

"Hi." You said as you got to him. He quickly stood up and nodded at you.

He's no smiling like the usual.

Of course he wouldn't! Who would?!

"Let's go." Jaebum said in a low voice as he opened your door.

You got inside his car, you felt a wave of nostalgia hitting you as you sat on the passenger's seat.

"Are you tired?" Jaebum suddenly asked, making you turn to him in surprise.

"Uhm, no. I'm not." You looked away, your fingers were moving like you're getting electrocuted. Jaebum glanced at you before setting his eyes on the road again.

"You forgot about today."

You suppressed the gasp that was about to get out of your mouth and just bit your lips together.

"W-Why would you say that?" You managed to ask, fighting the wavering of your strong voice. Jaebum chuckled, no humor in his tone.

"You should've looked so much presentable if you're going out with a guy, Yeoreum-ah. Especially with me." Jaebum bitterly smiled. "But I guess I'm just not that worthy of dressing up for."

"Jaebum—"

"Kidding." Jaebum smiled at you.

You know it was true.

You have always dressed up for him before. But now, you even forgot that you're meeting with him.

"I-I'm sorry." You mumbled as you looked down on your lap.