✎ Chapter 13: Nightmare ✎

The beeping sound that was connected to your heart was the only thing that keeps Sehun sane.

He didn't know what to do.

The doctor told him explanations that he can't comprehend even if he turn his brain all around, it was just too deep. His mind was only revolving around you. Questions popped up endlessly as he just gave up trying to figure everything out.

All he knew was you're in a bad condition.

"Noona?!"

The door opened and there was your younger brother that looks like he ran all the way here.

"Yeol." Sehun mumbled as he took his hand off of yours. Chanyeol quickly ran towards your bed, where you rested peacefully and quietly. Your eyes were shut closed, lips pale, and your cheeks were not rosy as they should be.

Chanyeol couldn't stare at your state for too long.

Sehun just watched as his best friend cried on your side. It was hurting him to see Chanyeol like this but it hurt him more when he knew what he's hiding.

"She collapsed again?" Chanyeol asked as he sat on the couch outside your hospital room. Sehun took a sip of his iced coffee before speaking.

"Yeah. I was walking home from the bookstore when I saw her sit down on the sidewalk." Sehun slightly glanced at Chanyeol, who looked guilty. "At first I thought it wasn't noona but then I saw her face. She looks like she was in pain as she put her fist on top of her chest."

Sehun put down his drink on the side before turning fully to Chanyeol.

"Can you tell me what's wrong with her, Chanyeol?"

"She must've been too tired because of work. Maybe she didn't eat enough for lunch or—"

"Like I would believe your shit, Yeol. You even managed to hide your other part-time job from me." Sehun snapped, completely had enough of his best friend's crap. While Chanyeol looks like he's been caught in the act.

"W-What are you talking about, Sehun? I only have one—"

"Fuck you." Sehun cursed as he snickered. He was trying to calm himself as he sat up straight, refraining from punching the hell out of his best friend to wake him up from his stupidity.

"Sehun, calm down—"

"You think I can calm down when I knew that my best friend for almost 3 years is currently working as a pick-up boy?!" Sehun shouted as he glared at Chanyeol, who looked surprised but at the same time sad and angry. "What the fuck is wrong with you, man?!"

"It's none of—"

"None of my business?!" Sehun scoffed as he stood up and pointed at the hospital door where you are in. "What about noona? What about YOUR noona, Chanyeol?! She was fucking worried about you! She kept on asking me, Chanhee, your mother, even Jinyoung who's your fucking co-worker, where is Chanyeol? Did he come home with you? Do you know where he went? What's wrong with my brother? I'm worried, he's overworking himself." Sehun harshly pulled Chanyeol's collar up, making the other stand up with his head low, before pushing him on the wall.