✎ Chapter 20: Connected ✎

As the last bell rang, Chanyeol quickly stood up and went to follow his best friend, who's at the door already.

"Yah! Yah!" He called to his blank faced friend. Sehun turned to him as Chanyeol walked beside him.

"What's up?"

"Don't fucking give me that." Chanyeol spoke in an annoyed tone. Who wouldn't get annoyed if your best friend is like here but not here?

"I'm not giving you—"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Chanyeol cut the chase and quickly asked with a frown. Sehun stopped walking as they reached the garden of the university. Few students were walking around, some are playing soccer and basketball, and others are on their way home. Sehun sat on the grass and put his back pack on his lap as he gazed at the scenery before them.

"What—"

"You really want to know?"

"Of course, stupid! I'm not the only one getting worried about you." Chanyeol sat beside him, bumping Sehun's shoulder as he did.

Sehun sighed as he looked up at the sky, making his best friend do the same.

"One day, I opened my eyes and started doing my routine. Take a shower, brush my teeth, prepare for school, eat breakfast and go to school." Sehun's fingers were playing at the strap of his bag as he spoke.

Chanyeol doesn't understand why his best friend is telling him his morning routine when it's obvious that everyone does that too, including him. What's the connection? He wanted to ask but Sehun looks so into it that he can't speak.

Chanyeol never saw him like this.

Sehun looks so heartbroken and down.

"It was tiring and boring." He chuckled but his eyes weren't smiling in mischief as usual. "I've done that for a lot of years already but I still feel like I'm not doing something right. Like something's missing with that routine."

"And I realized," Sehun closed his eyes, letting the wind blow gently on his face. "I wasn't getting up for anyone. I wasn't fighting for anyone. My parents are there but it feels like they aren't."

Chanyeol's eyes sting as he felt the hurt and loneliness in his best friend's voice.

"But then she came."

Chanyeol's eyes slightly widened as Sehun opened his eyes, turning to him with a slight smile etched on his lips. He couldn't believe his best friend has fallen in love already! His system became excited and happy for Sehun but he wonder why does he look so sad.

"Every day seems like a new experience for me. It's like my eyes opened up to a new world, I just can't help but to look forward to every day." Sehun's lips couldn't stop smiling as he thought of you.

Your sparkling eyes, your blinding smile, your pouting lips and your everything. The way you take care of him even though you might just see him as a little brother, it made him happy inside. The way you work hard for your family, it made him want to fight harder every time he wakes up. The way you think of everyone else but yourself, it made him want to do everything for you.