✎ Chapter 14: Fallen ✎

"She's awake."

Sehun's eyes were still droopy but when he heard your mother speak, his eyes shot open.

"Noona." Chanyeol called out as he smiled at you. You slowly blinked your eyes open as you focused your vision. You noticed that it's only your mother around and Chanyeol with Sehun.

"My baby, are you alright? Do you feel any pain?" Ga-in asked worriedly as she caressed your hair. You opened your mouth to speak, only to realize that your throat felt dry.

"Here, noona." A slender hand offered a glass of water. You trailed your eyes up until it reaches to his face.

Sehun.

You just lifted the corner of your lips and nodded at him as you took the glass gratefully. You drank the glass of water in one go, feeling your throat so much better. You wondered how many days were you confined here, how much will the hospital bills cost and how much time you wasted on this bed instead of working your ass off in front of your laptop.

"You've been confined here for almost 3 days, noona." Sehun spoke as if he knows what you're thinking right now. You looked at him incredulously. He smiled. "I'm sure you're thinking how you've wasted too much time here instead of working at home."

You almost choked on your water as Sehun spoke what you had in mind just a minute ago. You cleared your throat before putting the glass down beside your bed.

"I'm gonna call the doctor. Chanyeol, Sehun, look after her for a moment." Ga-in rushed out of the room, leaving the three of you alone. You glanced at your brother who looks so sullen and down.

"Yeol..." You softly called out as you reached out your hand to him. He quickly met your hand and nuzzled his cheek on it.

"Noona." Chanyeol whispered as he felt his eyes sting again. Sehun looked away as he felt like he's seeing something he shouldn't. Should he leave or what?

"Where have you been, you dumbo? I bet you're working too hard that you forgot your noona." You tried lightening up the mood as you felt the tears on your hand. You noticed Sehun look away, probably uncomfortable with seeing such a dramatic scene. Chanyeol shook his head.

"N-No." He said, his voice hoarse and rough as if he's been crying all day long. "I-I won't ever forget noona."

Your eyes softened more as Chanyeol gripped on your hand as if you're gonna disappear anytime.

"I know you wouldn't, Yeol."

You glanced at the awkward boy in front of the bed and grinned.

You'll just let Chanyeol willingly tell his secret once he's ready. You won't question him anymore.

"Sehun-ah." You called him, making his head turn to you in surprise. "Thank you."

Sehun felt his cheeks flushed as you gave him your sweet smile again. He's never felt this way before, has he?

"T-That's nothing, noona. I know Yeol will probably kill me if I didn't help you." Sehun looked away as you continued smiling at him. "Yeah, welcome."

The door opened and the Dr. Zhang with your mother came in. A few nurses came to check your vitals too and bring your breakfast. Dr. Zhang saw the two young boys beside your bed and glanced at your mother before speaking.