✎ Chapter 22: Close To You ✎

You've stayed up all night, finishing the reviewing of your book and editing errors, refilling your cup of coffee for three times.

You kept on glancing at your window every second, making you really annoyed at distracted self.

"Focus, come on." You mumbled as you typed on your keyboard, squinting your eyes at the screen.

You're finally at the ending of the story, slightly curling up your lips into a smile as you read it.

"Chanyeol won't be complaining this time." You chuckled at yourself as you entered the email of the company and sent the file. You leaned your back at your swivel chair, sighing in relief as you felt the softness of the pillow behind you. "I'm finally done with my last book."

You slightly glanced at your window again, seeing the other's blinds down. You tilted your head in curiosity.

"Is he asleep already? That's new." You mumbled as your fingers reached for your third cup of coffee and took a sip of the warm liquid. You hummed in satisfaction as you felt your nerves relax, your glasses slightly fogging up because of the hot vapor.

You put down your cup and took off your glasses, your vision slightly getting blurred. You watched as the loading sign ends and your file was sent successfully.

"Yes." You whispered with a smile before closing your laptop and stretching your arms. "I can go out with Dasom tomorrow."

You grabbed your phone and texted your best friend.

2:54 am

To: Dasom

Let's hang-out tomorrow at 1 in the afternoon? I'm done with my work. :)

You grinned as you put down your phone and—

You almost jumped when your phone rang. You silently laughed as you saw your best friend's number, picking it up.

"Yes?"

"Thank goodness! We'll hang-out all day, my friend! Shopping, watching, everything! You'll finally be freed from your work!" Dasom's voice was slightly hoarse, probably she just woke up because of your message.

"Okay, okay. You can sleep now, you sound horrible." You laughed as you heard her whine on the other line.

"See you tomorrow then!"

You hung up and stared at your phone. You feel excited and happy that you'll be going out, not just to the convenience store where Chanyeol works nor the events you've been attending before. It feels so refreshing and—

*tok

You sat up straight as your eyes widened, alert and aware of your surroundings all of a sudden.

I'm sure Sehun's asleep now. Chanyeol, Chanhee and my parents too...

You silently prayed in your mind as you closed your eyes nervously.

*tok

You peeked at your phone to check the time and almost squealed when you saw what time it was.