Chapter 8

"Thursday the Lakers play the Bulls and we're going." Wes told me as he burst through my bedroom door on Tuesday afternoon.

  "Don't you knock?" I asked groaned.

  "Why would I knock?" He shrugged.

"I could've been naked!" I said fanning my hand down my T-shirt and sweats.

  "And if I'd have knocked I'd have missed it, see isn't that a shame." Wes smirked. God how can someone look so good in just a grey T-shirt jeans and a leather jacket?

  I chucked a pillow at his head and he caught it with ease. "Did you already get tickets?" I asked.

  "I did." He held them up. "I'll pick you up at four."

  "Is that all you barged in for?" I asked.

  "Yeah, unless you want to go back to that naked thing you mentioned." He said rocking on his heels.

  "The cameras aren't on in here Wes, you don't have to flirt with me." I smiled.

  "Why do I need cameras to flirt with a pretty girl?" He asked.

  "Do you want something else?" I giggled trying not to show the effect he was having on me.

  "Nothing in particular." He shook his head. "Why're you still in bed though?"

  "Because I just want to lay here!" I sprawled my arms and legs across the bed dramatically. "I wish the bed was an island.." I sang the song off key making him chuckle.

  "Well then I'll leave you be." He smiled and turned to leave.

  Something in my heart tugged as he stepped toward the door, but I also noticed something in his step seemed slow. "Wait, come cuddle." I heard myself say in a desperate sounding voice.

   Wes stopped and turned back. "Seriously?" He chuckled. My face must have gotten red because he smirked then came and sat down on the edge of my bed. He took off his shoes then laid back next to me allowing me to cuddle up next to him. "Oh, I wanted to show you something!"

   "What?" I giggled again all girly as he moved around grabbing his phone out of his pocket.

   "We have a fan page." He laughed opening the page on Instagram.

   I grabbed his phone from him and scrolled through the cute picture of us. Some were just regular and others were edits that fans had made. The comments were mostly sweet. Almost half of them were about thinking it was great he'd moved on from Carly. It made me sad to actually think he wasn't really my boyfriend. He probably doesn't even like me. This is all just for the sake of his band. "This is adorable." I smiled handing his phone back to him. Our hands brushed as he took it from me and I felt love tingles. I had to mentally stop myself from reacting.

   "You're adorable." He winked.

   "Stop it." I shoved him making him laugh.

   He slung his arm around me and pulled me closer to him so I was cuddled against his chest. He was playing with my hair mindlessly making me lose my train of thought. Being so close to him was starting to affect me. "Let's play a game." He suggested.

   "Okay." I nodded.

   "I'll tell you something then you can go." He said.

   "That's not a game Wes, it's just talking." I laughed.

   "Fine, ask me anything you want and I have to answer honestly." He said as I leaned back so I could look up at him. "Same goes for you."

   I shrugged and nodded. "How'd you meet guys Shayla?" I asked actually not knowing the answer.