Chapter 1

(Sam's POV)

The seconds ticked down at an annoyingly slow rate as I waited for the clock to reach 2:45. In 2 minutes I'd be free.

I glanced over at my best friend, Charlotte, who was currently deep in a conversation about the next naked pallet with a few of our other friends. My mother already bought me mine, trying to encourage me to wear more makeup and improve my looks. It was in my bottom desk drawer, untouched.

The bell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Stay safe this summer, kids." Spoke my english teacher before dismissing us, free for the next 96 days of summer.

------

2 hours later Charlotte and I were standing over my 2 suit cases in my large bedroom.

"Take that swim suit too." She spoke, throwing another undersized, showy pink bathing suit into my suitcases.

We were headed down to Miami, Florida for the summer with Charlotte's mom and whoever her man of the month was this time.

"Aren't you excited to go to the One Direction concert? What about the fact that 5 Seconds Of Summer are opening for them? I'm pumped." I spoke as I zipped up my suitcases, putting them neatly by my door.

"Oh my gosh! Yes! We have front row, Sam! What if Harry or Zayn notices me?" She replies.

Charlotte comes off as a preppy, rich girl but underneath she is actually pretty raw. She's great. We were both born and raised in Southern California, living in the suburbs. Our parents were friends and we grew up together. My mother and father were lawyers and we had money.. But that was never really important to me.

"Samantha! Charlotte! Your mother is here to get you girls. Come on down!" My mothers voice traveled up the stairs, through my open door.

We each grabbed a suitcase and headed down.

After saying goodbye to my parents, we hopped in the car and drove in the direction of the airport, ready to be in a new place.

--------

5 hours and 5 minutes later, we were walking through the airport, towards the baggage claim.

"Girls, grab your bags and meet us out front. We got a rental car." Charlotte's mom said, pulling her boyfriend, James towards the sliding doors outside.

I reached out to grab my 2 pink suitcases but I was struggling getting them out. I turned around to get Charlotte's help, when I bumped directly into a hard chest.

My eyes automatically shot up to the mystery persons face. He had on a beanie with all of his hair covered up, aviators and his hood was pulled up around his head.

"Do you need some help?" He asked quietly.

Before I got a chance to answer he was already lifting the suit cases from the baggage claim.

"Thanks.." I said slowly, adjusting my own beanie.

I spotted Charlotte and began walking over to her.

"I'll see you soon, then." I heard the boy whisper just before I was out of earshot.

There was something about this boy that was familiar, I just couldn't quite pinpoint it. I really didn't care though, I just wanted to get to the hotel and get rested before the concert tomorrow.

---------------

(Luke's POV)

I was waiting to get my baggage when the girl in front of me whipped around, crashing straight into my chest.

"Do you need some help?" I asked, trying to camouflage my own accent.

I silently reached around her and pulled her bags off the claim, handing them to her.

"Thanks.." She replied timidly.

She glanced around then started walking away, but not before I noticed her UVIP One Direction Concert pass on the lanyard around her neck.

"See you soon, then ." I whispered, doubting she could hear.