Chapter 4

SAMS POV

Luke just stares at me for what feels like hours but is only about 5 or 6 seconds before speaking, only to be cut off.

"I saw you at the con-"

"Lucas, who was at the door?" A faintly familiar voice says before walking around the corner into view. Ashton.

"Oh my gosh! Hey. I remember you from the concert right?" He says once he notices my presence.

"Yes, that's me. I was just going, sorry." I say with a wave, turning around.

"No wait," Ashton spoke walking out of the suite towards me.

"Do you maybe want to hang out tomorrow? With all of us.. And you could bring that friend of yours. We have a few weeks off before we have to start recording our new music." Ashton mumbled.

"Yeah.. Sure. I'm right across the hallway.. So you can just let us know when." I spoke up, smiling. In my head I was screaming. I love these boys.

After saying goodbye Ashton went back into the hotel room leaving me with Luke in the hallway. As I turn to leave I am drawn back yet again by another voice.

"What's your name, love?" Luke whispered, looking at his feet.

"Sam. I'm Sam, Luke."

"I'll see you soon, then, Sam." He said before softly closing the door, leaving me drowning in my own thoughts.

-------------

"Charlotte. Oh my gosh. Guess who is conveniently in the room across the hall." I spoke, walking in her room.

"Who?" She says, not looking up from her phone.

"Oh, you know, just 5 seconds of summer." I say as casually as I can.

"What the hell?"

"Long story." I speak, not even believing it myself.

After telling Char the entire story, including the part about hanging out the following day, I say goodnight yet again and head back to bed, falling asleep just as my head hits the pillow.

-----------

The next morning I wake up at about 8:45, jumping out if bed. I've long been tired if the hotel breakfast, so decide to go at grab something from Starbucks and bring it back for us.

Charlottes mom has been in and out the few days we've been here.. But that can be a good thing. She doesn't hover.

Because Starbucks is within walking distance I throw on my old pair of moccasins and my messenger bag and head out.

The walk there is nice in the early morning, just warm enough to where I'm still comfortable in my sweat pants.

Once I arrive at the small cafe, I order a few drinks for Charlotte & I, along with a muffin or two.

On my walk back I pull out my pack of Marlboro cigarettes. You see, I'm not the typical smoker. I smoke once or twice a week, not enough to get myself addicted. They just calm my nerves. Grabbing one out, I light it and put it in my mouth, inhaling the intoxicating smoke deep in my lungs.

By this time I'm already back at the hotel, just standing there finishing my cigarette.

"Mind if I bum a smoke?"

I turn to see, lo and behold, Luke Hemmings.

"Yeah, sure." I say, dropping my own, now finished smoke to the floor and pulling out a new one.

We spend the next 5 minutes sitting on the pavement passing the killing machine back and forth between the two of us.

"Well I have coffees so I have to get inside." I speak while exhaling the smoke.

"Thanks for this, Sam." He says, stomping out the cigarette with his black vans.

"I think everyone in our room is awake except for Michael so you can come over for awhile." Luke says quietly.

"Absolutely."

------------

A half an hour later we are walking into the 5sos room and it couldn't be any more awkward. We're in a room with 4/4 of our favorite band and we just don't know how to act.

We are all casually lounging around the living room area, Calum talking with Char about back home.

"Yeah. We'll go back in about 2 1/2 months." She tells him, the blush still fresh on her cheeks from just being near him.

I sat between Luke and Ashton, quietly talking to them both about home as well. But sitting here now, makes me want to stay, and that thought alone, scares the shit out of me.

Authors note: hey.. Well I've noticed an increases in my amount of readers so I'd appreciate if you could leave a comment and tell me how I'm doing? I don't want to write a shit story so please let me know. Sorry, this was basically a filler chapter, it'll be better next time. :) thanks for reading.