Chapter 6

LUKE'S POV

"We should totally go to the beach today." Charlotte spoke as we all ate around the living room. I was sitting on the floor in front of the couch, Samantha sitting on the couch behind me, wrapped in a blanket. I kept replaying the events of the previous night in my head. I know I've only know her for a few days but I can't stop thinking about her.

I'm pulled from my thoughts as I hear our song 'Heartache on the big screen' ring throughout the room. Sam jumped from her seat and grabbed her phone from the coffee table, excusing herself from the room to take the call.

"What's up with you guys, mate?" Calum asked, smiling widely.

Trying to hide my giddiness, I just shrug.

Sam returns to the room soon enough, mentioning the person on the phone was her mother, checking in.

"How about we go our separate ways and meet up here soon and head to the beach?" Ashton suggests.

"Yeah, sure." And with that, the girls dismiss themselves.

-----------

SAMS POV

Once we get back to our room Charlotte bombards me with questions, "What's going on with you guys? Do you like him? Dear lord."

"I could as you the same thing." I slyly reply, walking towards my room to get dressed.

After putting on a simple coral colored bikini and a coverup paired with some flip flops, I throw my short hair into a low pony tail and walk out the door, towards Char.

We walk across the hall and knock on the door, Michael letting us in.

In the living room sits Luke dressed in a pair of swimming trunks and one of his signature tank tops. He's drinking an Arizona tea, although the can looks famine, he makes it look surprisingly masculine.

The other guys get ready quick and we load up into the car and head towards the ocean. I sit down next to Luke in the car, leaning my shoulder against his.

Along the way Calum, Michael, Ashton and Charlotte talk amongst themselves while Luke absentmindedly twirls a piece of my hair between his fingers. He then leans in a kisses my hairline. His public display of affection catches me off guard but I don't say anything.

About 5 minutes later we arrive at the crowded beach, finding a spot to put our things. The guys run off into the ocean, pushing and shoving one another, as us girls lay on our towels and sunbathe.

15 minutes later a wet and sandy Luke runs over and falls onto my towel along side me, splashing sea water over my back. He hooks his sandy arm around my waist and sinks his head into the side of my stomach.

"You should come into the water, babe." Luke mumbles into my skin, leaving chills.

"Okay." I speak, trying to keep my voice steady.

Once Luke and I get up we begin walking towards the beach. After another hour of splashing and wrestling in the water we all get out and walk towards our things.

Out of nowhere a tall, very pretty blonde walks up to us, her bust nearly falling out of her string bikini. She asks for a photo with the guys, myself taking it. The photo turns out well, Ashton being all over the incredibly attractive girl.

"She was fit." Ashton says after she was out of earshot, Luke nodding, "yeah."

I quickly gather our stuff and began walking towards our vehicle. Why did his one word, "yeah." Bother me so much? She was attractive. Probably because he was agreeing with Ashton about the girl, her being a lot prettier than me.

I sit on the opposite side of the car from Luke and lay my head against the window, closing my eyes.

I'm shook awake, my eyes flashing open to see a smiling Luke, "Hey, we're back."

I nod and climb out, regathering all of our things and carrying them inside to the elevator. Once we arrive in the guys' room I put their stuff down and begin waking towards the door. "I'm gonna go back to our room and take a shower." I mumble, opening the door.

After I close it, it is reopened. "Are you okay?" Luke asks, taking a step towards me. I take a step back.

"I'm fine. I'm just frustrated." I say while pinching the bridge of my nose.

"What's wrong?" He pushes.

"Luke.. What is this," I say, gesturing between the two of us, "what are we? Because you seemed to think that girl at the beach was 'fit'." I say the word "fit" with air quotes.

Luke's graze meets my eyes and he bursts into laughter, "You're kidding, right?" He continues laughing. "She has nothing on you, love." He says, taking another step towards me.

He then grabs me, pulling me into a hug. I automatically melt into his chest.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel that way, Samantha. But I promise you, you're all I want right now. I'm not going anywhere." He says, tilting my head up with his long index finger. He then leans his head down and gently connects our lips for no longer than two seconds, before he pulls me into another hug.

After I return to my room, I hop in the shower, washing the sand from my skin.

"Oh lord, what a day." I say to myself.