twenty // jamie all over - mayday parade

Adrian

I don't know Mystery Girl's full back story. I don't know her favorite band growing up, her mother's maiden name, or what her first nickname growing up was.

I don't know her real name either, but I know that if there was one word in the entire world to describe her, it would be that. And when I find out what her name is, I'll know her.

~~~

"You drool when you sleep."

I woke up slowly to see Mystery Girl herself rolling her eyes at me. It was a pleasant surprise in the morning. The way light surrounded Mystery Girl's body made her look angelic, and although it was probably because of the sunlight pouring out of the open cabin door, I liked thinking she was an actual angel.

"That's the first thing you said to me at Camp Half-Blood," I smiled, holding up a shaky arm to clasp her hand. I yawned deeply into the pillow, and then understood the purpose of Mystery Girl reminding me of my sleeping habits. A giant pool of drool gathered, and it was slightly gross.

I got another classic eye-roll from Mystery Girl. "Actually," she corrected, "'You're awake' was the first thing I said. 'You drool when you sleep' was the second."

"Oh, was that moment just too memorable? I get it, of course you'd remember something like that when a guy like me is included --"

"Shut up," Mystery Girl scoffed, swinging our hands in between us. Then she got up from the bed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Anyways, I'm gonna go to the climbing wall or something. See you later?"

I pulled Mystery Girl's hand towards me and kissed it lightly. I then let go, and watched as she left the cabin. Man, she's great.

Apparently Nico was present through all of this, and I noticed that when he cleared his throat behind me.

"You really like her, eh?" he asked, sitting on his bed slackly.

"I know I love her," I replied, sighing. I collapsed back on my bed, ignoring the drool, thinking of the way Mystery Girl's eyes lit up the first time I saw her. "She's ... amazing."

Nico smiled slowly, and that's when I remembered what he said two nights ago.

"By the way, what did you mean when you said Mystery Girl was planning something?" I furrowed my brow, waiting for his response.

Nico leaned back farther on his bed against the wall of the cabin. He seemed to try to choose his words carefully when he replied, "Your love."

"What do you mean?" I asked, raising and eyebrow. I finally opened my eyes and sat up straight in the bunk. "How could someone plan love?"

"Annabeth's Yankees cap had to go to someone," Nico shrugged.

I had more questions. Who was Annabeth? What was so important about a cap? Why would anyone root for the Yankees? But before I could ask any of them, Nico got out of bed. He moved swiftly, and was out of the cabin before I could blink.

Great. So I ask one question and am left with twenty.

~~~