New Home

My parents made arrangements for my new apartment a month before I graduated as my graduation gift.

It's a small and cozy 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment, just big enough for me. I dropped my luggage on my bed and start to unpack my keepsakes and photos.

As I'm beginning to hang up my clothes I hear a knock on my door. When I open my front door I see a petite girl who looks to be around my age.

"Hello, my name is Kim Sung-Mi." she says as she shows me a brown paper bag that she is holding in her hands. "Hello, I'm Y/N Y/L/N." I replied back.

"I noticed you just moved here. Have you eaten yet?" she asked, as she holds the bag up.

"Ani, actually, I have not had the chance yet." before I could say anything else, she hands me the bag.

"Here, you should eat, have this jebal." she says as she hands me the bag. "Oh no I could not take this food... Unless you join me." I said, as I motioned for her to come in.

We sit down at the table and Sung-Mi starts to take out the food in the bag. "So you're an American?" she asked as she handed me some chopsticks.

"Ne" I said, and then I explained why I moved to Korea. She told me she lives right across from me. We started talking about all kinds of things.

"Do you like Bangtan Sonyeondan?" She asked, as we finished our food. "Ne, they are my favorite KPop group." I replied.

"Who is you bias?" she asked. "Jungkook, you?" I replied. "Taehyung! You have to come with me to their next concert here!" she said

"Oh ne! I would love too!" I quickly replied "Ok well here is my number, and remember, I'm across the hall if you need me. I'll let you get comfy in your new place. Take care." she told me as she gave me a hug and left.

I didn't get the chance to thank her, so I pulled out my phone and messaged her really quickly.

ME: 'Thank you for the company, food, and invite. Goodnight and see you later new friend. :)'

With that I hit send and laid down on my couch, since my bed still had my luggage and clothes spread out on my it. It didn't take long for my eye lids to get heavy and close all together.