Birthday

2 years later

It has been a little over 2 years since I moved to Korea from America. Sung-Mi and myself are best friends. Well really, it is more like she is my 'eonni' that is what I call her now anyways. She is older than me by a year. My birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and I think she has been planning something really big. She has been so secretive and always on her phone lately. Either she is planning something or she has a man in her life that I do not know about, which would be rude since we tell each other everything. We have also gone back to see BTS concerts everytime they were here. We went to the fanmeets everytime and I swear I'm not crazy, but I think Jungkook remembers me everytime. Speaking of men in our lives... I have been dating Chung now for about a year and a half. He is great, very sweet and caring. It has been fun dancing with him. We became dance partners at 1Million. We dance a lot of couples routines, which is nice but I still love to just dance by myself. I feel the music more when it is just me.

At 1Million Chung and I are working on a routine to Lady Gaga's 1 Million Reasons. The dance is going great, but something is off. I'm not quite sure what it is, if it is Chung being distracted or something else. I'm planning on talking to E.J. today and explaining my concerns to him. Before I head out to the studio this morning, I decided to jump on Twitter because today is day one and the opening ceremonies of BTS Festa 4th Anniversary. I can't wait for day 2 though, it is Jungkook's We Don't Talk Anymore Pt 2. I can not wait to hear it. Pt 1 was amazing, so I can not wait to see what Pt2 is all about. I looked up at the time on my phone and it was 9:11 AM "Oh shoot! I'm going to be late!" I said as I jumped up and crammed my phone into my dance bag outer pocket and hurried to slip on my shoes. I grabbed a hair-tie from my wrist and as soon as I was out my front door I began to quickly put my hair into a messy bun on top of my head. I walked down to my elevator and I made it to dance practice with 1 minute to spare. 'Wow'  I did not see Chung. This was the 3rd practice in a row that he has missed. I walked up to E.J. " E.J, can I have a word please?" I asked as I set my bag down in the room. He followed me in the room. "Something is up with Lee Chung, I'm not sure what..." I did not get a chance to finish before he interrupted me. "You want a new dance partner?" he asked. "Ani, I want a solo." I said giving him a serious face. "Sure." he said as he stood up. "Thank you so much E.J.!" I said as I jump for joy. 'Ok time to get serious' I decided to change my song all together. I chose Lost Stars by Adam Levine but Jungkook's cover and this time, I decided it was time to pull out my ballet slippers.

I returned home from a full day of pirouettes and pliés. My body was sore. I have not danced ballet in awhile, mainly hip-hop and contemporary. I made a nice bubble bath to soak my aches and pains away. I climbed in and closed my eyes as I started to feel my sore muscles relax. Just then my phone goes off. I have a message from Chung. 'Sorry I missed practice again. I will make it up to you.' I did not reply. My phone went off again "Damnit Chung!" I said angrily as I sat up from my bath and reached for my phone again. 'I'm coming over, I have big news to share with you!' just then I heard my front door open and close. "I'M IN THE BATH TUB!" I shouted as I heard footsteps coming closer. "Yah yeodonsaeng" Sung-Mi said as she appeared in my bathroom doorway. "Yah eonni, what was so important that it could not wait until I was out of the tub?" I asked as I chuckled a little bit. " Oh just that you are not allowed to make plans for Tuesday June 13th, ok?" she said with a huge smile on her face. "Oh..okay" I said looking at her like she is insane for she is decently hiding something.

The next morning I wake up and grab my phone right away. As soon as I open it up I have notifications from YouTube, Twitter, and a message from Eonni. Jungkook's cover has been posted. I opened it up right away "Wait does that say JK and JM? Is Jimin singing too? Hold on is he going to sing it in English as well?" I asked myself outloud. I press play and just begin to melt as I hear his angelic voice. 'Jungkook has such a beautiful voice and he does so great with English covers' Just then Jimin starts verse 2 'OH WOW! He did great too' The song was over and I began to retweet and post all over Facebook.

June 12th 2017

Sung-Mi came over Monday night. She still wouldn't tell me what we were doing tomorrow, just that it was a surprise. Earlier that day we went out and got color hair dye for me. Eonni told me we should do something fun with my hair for tomorrow. I didn't care since the dye washes out after a month or so. "Ok, you ready to go pink?" she asked as she was putting on her gloves. "Are you sure this stuff washes out?" I asked her as I sat down on a chair in my kitchen. "Ne, positive!" she responded as she started to mix the dye up. "Ok then I'm ready." I said as she started to apply the pink dye to my hair.

The next morning I woke up to eonni poking me on the cheek. "Whhhattt?" I said with a sleepy and whiney voice. "Come on get up!" she said with way too much excitement. "Ani!" I said as I pouted my lips and threw the covers over my head. "Come on it is going to be the best day of your life, I promise!" she said as she ripped the covers off of me. "Urghh...fine." I said as I sat up. She threw me some clothes "Put these on!" she said as the clothes hit me in the face and fell on my lap. I looked at them and noticed that there was my black BTS shirt and beanie along with red and black striped pajama shorts. "Wae are you.....WAIT...What day is today on the festa?" I said as I looked up at eonni who had this smile on her face. "HOME PARTY!!! And WE ARE GOING!!!" she shouted in excitement. "OH MY.... REALLY?...wait, is this what you were doing so secretly? I asked as I started to pull my shorts on. "HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY SAMMIE!!!" she shouted. "But I'm turning 20." I said confused. "Maybe in America, but in Korea we count age differently. You're already 1 when you are born." she explained. "Oh, I get it. You are the best Eonni, saranghae!" I said as I hugged Sung-Mi.